Mooned

Sorry to post this here, but I couldn't figure out where it should go, so decided to post it where I put most of my shots.

Taken with the D70 / 300mm 2.8 + TC20-EII.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks Gordon. Blame this one on the wonderful 300 2.8 and the FM plug-ins that I got for PS CS (the D70 didn't hurt the results either.... :wink:).

You're too young to be up this late (and I'm too old....;-)).

Wish you could go over to Guntersville with me and Greg tomorrow.

Yes, it is too late. I'm going to regret it tomorrow.
I guess you and Greg are going to G'ville in the morning. I'll try to make the next trip.

Great shot, really like it! Never had these kind of results with my 300mm af-s f4, will have to give the 400 a shot.........

curious, how do you set your WB?

Hey whats with the D70shots???? inquiring minds need to know!

Real Name
Chris
That is outageously nice Frank. So sharp and detailed. it rivals moon shots with astronomical instruments for sure. The color seems very warm - how high in the sky was it?

Very well done - be proud!

Chris,

The moon was pretty high, and you're right, it is too warm. I thought that I had it fixed in Capture, but didn't go far enough. Considering that this was just an off-the-cuff shot that I got while going out to get my cam gear out of the truck, I'm not too unhappy though. 8)

Thanks,

Night crowned heron...hummmm yeah I see um..... :>))))) Thats why you posted over here.

Who said thier were no birds on the moon.

Great mooney Frank.

Keith R. said:
Great shot, really like it! Never had these kind of results with my 300mm af-s f4, will have to give the 400 a shot.........

curious, how do you set your WB?

Hey whats with the D70shots???? inquiring minds need to know!
Keith,

I went out to get my cam equipment from the truck last night, and saw the beautiful full moon, and just decided to take a few shots. I pulled out the D70 because I took some shots with the D2H last full moon and wasn't too impressed (sometimes the pixels do matter....;-)). The WB on the D70 was set to Cloudy -2 and I just left it. It was definitely too warm. :?

If you have the 1.7 TC, you should be able to get some killer moon shots with the 400 2.8. 8)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom