Critique Moonrise over Florida landscape

This self isolation, with all the state and county parks closed, is going to drive me nuts.
At least I can self isolate in the boat or lying at the pool, so I am not really roughing it or anything.
About 10min from the house by boat are some protected cypress marshes. My self proclamed project is to photograph here for a while, see if I can get anything.
This is no Clyde Butcher image, but I like it as a starter.
Oh, and truth be told, I cheated. I added the moon. I don't like a lot of photoshop stuff, but I am bored.
Gary

lakeeloise2608_DxO+moon.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Beautiful and peaceful scene and light, Gary!
Great processing as well

Don't feel guilty about the moon :)
I saw a seminar recently about night photography and the photographer said that one-shot images are extremely rare.
Blending, stacking, etc. Definitely beautiful results.

Thanks so much for the comments. I rarely add items to my images, and when I do I try to make them small and unimportant enough that it seems like it has to be real. Simply because it is so small it would not seem to be worth the effort. In this case, at least for me, it pushed the image to a different level, added the spice. Not too much, but a little.
I will say it looks nice in print. I need more walls, lots more walls.
Gary

Love the image. Though I'm not one to add objects, and rarely do I remove 'em, I do appreciate the skill that goes into a well processed image—when those additions are made clear.
Now's the time to add a wall or 2 to the house :D

Latest threads

Top Bottom