Moonset

Real Name
Bill
Full Harvest moon setting early this morning. I was heading out looking for critters when I saw this so I stopped the truck for a quick shot.

Full Moon Set.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Bill
Really beautiful. Great composition getting it right in the saddle of the horizon. Wonderful light and layers.
Thanks Walter. If I was there a minute earlier I would have gotten a small gap between the moon and the mountain which could have been neat. Maybe, maybe not but it would have been fun to try out both versions. Timing is everything and it wasn't my intention to take a landscape picture. I had the camera set up to shoot wildlife so my settings weren't even close. lol

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Also try a pano crop. You lose the bright light at the top, but it takes the horizon out of the middle and creates an equally strong image!

That’s a very nice photo Bill, do you find it nice to photograph with a Mirrorless especially when you need to make those fast settings and you can see the pending results or very close to.. before hitting that shutter?

Real Name
Bill
That’s a very nice photo Bill, do you find it nice to photograph with a Mirrorless especially when you need to make those fast settings and you can see the pending results or very close to.. before hitting that shutter?
Definitely helps, I had wildlife settings loaded so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. With mirrorless seeing the exposure in real time has been a life saver a few times now.
Very well done, Bill. You got lucky with your timing, but you took excellent advantage of it.
Thanks Pa, much appreciated.

Latest threads

Top Bottom