Moravian village, Old Salem

G

Gr8Tr1x

From the Old Salem website:

the Historic Town of Salem

Salem was founded in 1766 by the Moravians – a Protestant faith that began in what is now known as the Czech Republic. The Moravians were missionaries who established an earlier settlement in Bethlehem, PA before moving south to North Carolina. In 1756 they established a 98,000-acre tract of land “Wachovia”, of which Salem was one of a handful of small settlements.

My wife and I were in town for a bridal portrait shoot, so we stayed over and visited Old Salem this afternoon. These are some of the IR shots I took.

145991167-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

145989090-L.jpg

145990706-L.jpg

145989704-L.jpg

145990231-L.jpg

I'm a big IR fan from the good ol' days of film (had to put it in the camera in the darkroom or a changing bag!) and have always loved the foliage reflecting IR light (I got married at an old country church in Missouri where I had shot some IR pictures several years previously - we chose the church because of the original photos).

Anyway I digress - but for some reason #2 really stands out. The b/w and the blue sky are definitely helped by the IR. Love it.

cheers
wembley

A

AdriBellaInspired

These are so cool. I really love the light and interesting composition in #2 and #4.

Howdy Joshua

Howdy Joshua,

Very nicely done, the IR lends itself perfect to those old buildings and neat perspectives!!

Latest threads

Top Bottom