More 18-200VR play shots

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by MarkM, Dec 26, 2005.

1. MarkM

MarkM

Dec 20, 2005
    Tampa Florida
    Happy Holidays all,

just a few shots from a newbie

you all are great, I have learned quite a bit since joining and reading all the threads while playing with my D200 and 18-200VR. I look forward to meeting at one of the shooting events - hopefully Feb.

18-200VR@50mm
    [​IMG]
    50mm f/1.8D
    [​IMG]
    18-200VR@50mm w/1A filter
    [​IMG]
    handheld iso800 1/5 f/4
    [​IMG]
    handheld iso 1600 1/10 f/4
    [​IMG]
    and lastly, just for fun, I call this 'Home gym with a twist'
    [​IMG]

Happy Holidays
    Happy New Year
    Mark

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    That last one reminds me Mark, I need to buy a tire!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great to see you having a great time with the new lens. I really like the night time Christmas lights.

Hope to see you in February at the Merritt III shoot... Woll be great..

4. MarkM

MarkM

Dec 20, 2005
    Tampa Florida
    Chris, glad I could help jog your memory - just don't get one of these - pretty useless - lol.

Thanks Gale, like I posted in a different thread, I have learned quite a bit since thursday the 22nd.

On the 22nd., when I joined here, I had the D200, SB800, SC-29 TTL cord and MC-36 remote cord for only 5 days, was anxiously awaiting the arrival of the 18-200VR lens on the 23rd. and had no clue that I first needed a website to post photos.

Now, I am starting to feel real comfortable with my new gear, decided what my next lens purchase(s) will be, can post photos and got Adobe CS for Christmas - COOL BEANS!!!!!

I hope I can zip over to Merritt at least one of the days (can't do the whole week), would love to meet and personally thank everybody for the warm welcome and help I have received.

Happy Holidays, Happy New Year and thank you to all
    Mark

5. So from your short experience with the lens would you recommend buying it? I already have some pretty good lenses already but are rather big and bulky(28-70 2.8 and 70-200vr) to walk around with on family vacations ie. Disney.

6. MarkM

MarkM

Dec 20, 2005
    Tampa Florida
    Hello Jared,

All I can really say is that I do not regret buying the lens and it works for me. I have noticed alot of members here use both the 18-200 and 24-120. My D200 outfit is my first dslr experience. Prior to this, I used Canon film bodies with Sigma lens'. At that time my main lens was a 28-80 zoom (for all family functions and activities - including trips to Disney) and for extra reach I had a 60-300 zoom and a 2x converter. I chose the 18-200VR because it provided me with the coverage I was used to and because I liked having the VR system. Now, for extra reach (for wildlife, birds, etc.) I will purchase the 80-400VR.

I would suggest 1) post a thread asking for input from members who own/use both, and 2) think about what focal length(s) you shoot the most along with the type of subject.

I am sure you will get helpful info from other members

Happy New Year
    Mark