1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Critique More 2018 fireworks

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Pa, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Inspired by Karen's excellent images, here are some I got last night.

D75_8697-XL.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D75_8706-XL.jpg

D75_8719-XL.jpg

D75_8722-XL.jpg

D75_8731-XL.jpg

D75_8695-XL.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wow, very crisp. Love the "jellyfish" #5.

3. Thanks, Nick. Prompted by your comment I've gone back and numbered them for reference.

In most of these I darkened the background to get rid of a tree and power line pole. #6 I left light enough for the shape of the tree to remain visible. What do you all think of that?

4. I like the tree, but would have preferred one on each side--the "perfect" frame.

5. Agree, but it was not provided.

6. Jeff1

Jeff1

Mar 26, 2017
    Ferndale, WA
    Jeff
    Great shots! I’ve never tried to get pics of fireworks. Jeff

7. Thanks, Jeff. It's easier than you think. Give it a try sometime!

8. And I'm not going to suggest Photoshop! :cautious: o_O :eek: 

9. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Excellent set, Jim!!!!!! I think these are better than I got this year! I was shooting directly overhead with the 14-24mm set at 17mm. I notice you were shooting about 85mm. I think being a bit further away is an advantage.

I actually like #6 the best because of the blue sky and tree. With an all black background, they (even mine!) look too much like an Elvis painting on black velvet!!! :eek: 

10. Exactly my thought. I also like that the trees are displayed only on the left side and the bottom.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thanks, Karen. My position was not carefully chosen, as we only decided at the last minute to go out and watch the fireworks. I chose the first available parking spot that looked like it might have a view.

Thanks for the feedback, Mike.

12. Nice ones, clear and crisp. I like colours and #1 stands out for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.