More 50 1.4D - natural light

For those who asked to see some shots wide open or near wide open, here you go. These are right out of the box with sharpening in PS.

D2H - 50 1.4D
1/180 f1.4 ISO 200:
40327544.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1/160 f1.4 ISO 200:
View attachment 5740
1/50 f2.2 ISO 200:
View attachment 5741

Thanks again to Todd for posting a comparison to the 50 1.8. The 50 1.4D is a true gem. In the same ballpark as my 85 1.4D.

Thanks for looking, comments alway welcome.

Joe

First of all, your daughter gets more beautiful every year Joe. Second, I'm assuming this is window light and it is very nice. Thirdly, the focus seems to be sharper on her right shoulder on #1 and #2 than it does on her eyes but the softness adds to the dreamy quality of the image. I like #1 and #3 a lot.

Hi Joe,

Very beautiful Youny Lady you hae there. I have seen several of her images . she wears the pink well. Photographs great. Love the dreamy effect. Well done.

Regards
Gale

PGB

Another lens to put on the short list. Beautiful girl too. The pictures of your kids are all great! Take care of them, there is too much evil in the world.

Thanks for sharing.

Joe Marques said:
For those who asked to see some shots wide open or near wide open, here you go. These are right out of the box with sharpening in PS.

D2H - 50 1.4D
1/180 f1.4 ISO 200:
40327544.gif

1/160 f1.4 ISO 200:
View attachment 5743
1/50 f2.2 ISO 200:
View attachment 5744

Thanks again to Todd for posting a comparison to the 50 1.8. The 50 1.4D is a true gem. In the same ballpark as my 85 1.4D.

Joe

Very Nice work Joe. Don't you just love that natural light? It is so soft and gentle with it's glow. Anyway, great shots... As usual.

Todd

For Gordon, Gale and Patrick . . .

Gordon - I checked the focus and I did get her eye but you're right - on pbase it looks like I got her shoulder. Must be the smaller file size. Thanks for the kind comments.

Gale - thanks for the thoughtful post - I appreciate it very much.

Patrick - you're right on the money - the world is a scary place and protecting our children crucial. Thanks for looking.

Regards,

Joe

Todd_D1x said:
Very Nice work Joe. Don't you just love that natural light? It is so soft and gentle with it's glow. Anyway, great shots... As usual.

Todd

Thanks Todd. The bokeh impressed me. It's equal to the 70-200 VR and close to the 85 1.4D (the difference is small but meaningful).

Joe

Oh very nice Joe.

It often seems to me that the better shooters among us seem to have offspring who enjoy posing and relax in front of the camera.* I think it comes down to the fact that part of what makes a good photographer is not just technical ability, but the ability to bring out the best in their subjects. You've demonstrated that in spades with these lovely pictures of your lovely daughter.

Neil

* I'm excluded on the grounds that a) I'm not one of the better shooters among us; and b) I don't have any offspring (that I'm aware of).

NeilCam said:
Oh very nice Joe.

It often seems to me that the better shooters among us seem to have offspring who enjoy posing and relax in front of the camera.* I think it comes down to the fact that part of what makes a good photographer is not just technical ability, but the ability to bring out the best in their subjects. You've demonstrated that in spades with these lovely pictures of your lovely daughter.

Neil

* I'm excluded on the grounds that a) I'm not one of the better shooters among us; and b) I don't have any offspring (that I'm aware of).

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the very kind words and excellent use of humor in your footnote. :D

Regards,

Joe

Real Name
Chris
bendheim said:
688163215422c765e16e6e.jpg

Peter, I LOVE that avitar!

Last edited by a moderator:
bendheim said:
Lovely, natural shots, Joe - perfectly executed - as always !
(I need to get one of those 50mm 1.4.......soon)

Thanks very much Peter. Glad to see you're here - a nice respite from DPR madness. :D

Regards,

Joe

Great photos, Joe. The 1st one is a tad focused in front I thought, but it is S0 good, it simply does not matter.

Thanks for sharing and all your guidance.

Joe Marques said:

Joe

Joe Marques said:

D2H - 50 1.4D
1/180 f1.4 ISO 200:
40327544.gif

1/160 f1.4 ISO 200:
View attachment 5746
1/50 f2.2 ISO 200:
View attachment 5747

Joe

Hey Joe, looks to me you are enjoying that 50mm lens. I have been keeping mine on my camera most of the time these days. I like it allot. Great shots you have there, it sure looks good wide open! I am glad to hear you also have the 85mm F/1.4. I too have that lens and it is great! I always look forward to seeing your photos. Thanks for posting.

Todd

Joe Marques said:
For those who asked to see some shots wide open or near wide open, here you go. These are right out of the box with sharpening in PS. D2H - 50 1.4D

Joe :

Yeesh. With acquiring the 85mm f/1.4 last week, I figured I'd conquered my lens lust for some time. Now you've rekindled that kind of seductive call in the wee hours for the websites...

I'll have to find something similarly considerate in return for you... :twisted:

Seriously, great shots, beautiful subject, and clearly, a fine lens.

John P.

Well thank you very much for the kind words. I focus looks better full size on the first but I do think it's a tad soft. Thanks for commenting.

Joe

obelix said:
Great photos, Joe. The 1st one is a tad focused in front I thought, but it is S0 good, it simply does not matter.

Thanks for sharing and all your guidance.

Joe Marques said:

Joe

PJohnP said:
Joe Marques said:
For those who asked to see some shots wide open or near wide open, here you go. These are right out of the box with sharpening in PS. D2H - 50 1.4D

Joe :

Yeesh. With acquiring the 85mm f/1.4 last week, I figured I'd conquered my lens lust for some time. Now you've rekindled that kind of seductive call in the wee hours for the websites...

I'll have to find something similarly considerate in return for you... :twisted:

Seriously, great shots, beautiful subject, and clearly, a fine lens.

John P.

Now John, I'm an easy mark for lens lust so turn around is NOT fair play. :D

As for the shots, thanks for the kind words. The 50 1.4D is yet another gem for the bag. Nikon=great glass. :p

BTW, the 85 1.4 is THE best lens Nikon makes IMO - enjoy.

Joe

Latest threads

Top Bottom