More 70-200VR w/ 500D Photos

I just recieved my 500d today and only had time for a couple of test shots. WOW......this thing is amazing.

46579129.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

PGB

I think i'll have to borrow Flew's 500d. This is sharp, such color too.

Thanks for sharing.

Great shot Scott, Its amazing the continually good reviews I hear from this setup. How does it compare to your 105mm macro?

Thanks Patrick & Jonathan. I also have a 105 and this combo is every bit as good as the 105. I'm not sure how the DOF will compare as I've only taken a couple of shots. This image was at 1/160 sec at f11. Camera was on my Gitzo with the VR off.

Hi Scott:

This is a nice set-up, isn't it? I just got mine last week and I feel that it is as good as what I am able to get with my 60mm. I wanted a little more working distance, however, I find the DOF is somewhat limiting. If I can remain within the shallow DOF, the pictures I get are simply amazing. I think you will have fun with this combination. I know I do, and I like the challenge :wink:

Scott,

I have found this to be an extraordinary combo for extreme close-up shots, as long as the subject is not moving. The limited working distance can be a real problem if you are trying to shoot active subjects (like insects), but it is certainly capable of very nice images when used within its limits.

Nice shot BTW. :wink:

Latest threads

Top Bottom