More 70-200VR w/ 500D Photos

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by sbuttrick, Jul 22, 2005.

1. I just recieved my 500d today and only had time for a couple of test shots. WOW......this thing is amazing.

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I think i'll have to borrow Flew's 500d. This is sharp, such color too.

Thanks for sharing.

3. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    Great shot Scott, Its amazing the continually good reviews I hear from this setup. How does it compare to your 105mm macro?

4. Thanks Patrick & Jonathan. I also have a 105 and this combo is every bit as good as the 105. I'm not sure how the DOF will compare as I've only taken a couple of shots. This image was at 1/160 sec at f11. Camera was on my Gitzo with the VR off.

5. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    Hi Scott:

This is a nice set-up, isn't it? I just got mine last week and I feel that it is as good as what I am able to get with my 60mm. I wanted a little more working distance, however, I find the DOF is somewhat limiting. If I can remain within the shallow DOF, the pictures I get are simply amazing. I think you will have fun with this combination. I know I do, and I like the challenge :wink:

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Scott,

I have found this to be an extraordinary combo for extreme close-up shots, as long as the subject is not moving. The limited working distance can be a real problem if you are trying to shoot active subjects (like insects), but it is certainly capable of very nice images when used within its limits.

Nice shot BTW. :wink: