1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

More abandoned properties

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by dmwphoto, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Jeff (AKA vettenut) started a thread on one of my favorite subjects. Rather than hi-jack his thread I wanted to re-post two of my personal favorites

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you enjoy

Dave

2. cybertec

cybertec Guest

very nice, I like the second one, keep up the good work.

3. I remember seeing those Dave, they are really very good!

4. Whoa! That second shot is a winner. I like the environmental feel - the old wood with the snow and the hill in the background.

5. The second jumps right out at me, love it. Is that someone on the hill in the first?

6. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    The square footage of a lot of old homes like this always fascinate me. The cost to build them nowadays would be astronomical.

Both are very very good but #2 is really something special. I'm guessing you have a large print of this? If not you should!

7. I like both of these Dave. I remember seeing a print, which looks great, of the first one. Do I remember correctly this is with the 200 micro? I agree with Andy that the second would make a great print also.

8. MJAM

MJAM

Feb 20, 2006
    Juneau, Alaska
    Your cropping, light, and mono choice fit the subjects perfectly. Nice job, Dave!

9. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

I love those. Nice shots.

10. DoorMan

DoorMan Guest

I really like both of them Dave. Old houses are one of my favorites also.

11. Hey Dave -

I think I remember seeing one of those (but didn't comment) - both are fine, and are subjects that I'm interested in also.

Thanks,

Eric

12. Douglas, Thank you. It is an illusion of someone on the hill. I titled the print "Ghost on the Hill" because it just seemed like the ghost of the prior owner watching over the place.

Andy, Yes I made a 17 X 22 print of it. I cloned out the antennas and wires as sell as the state senate sign before printing. Appreciate you looking.

Thanks Dave. Yes the first image was taken with the 200mm micro.
    Dave

To all of the folks that looked and commented, I appreciate it!

13. lilaphoto

lilaphoto Guest

I love abandoned properties, especially in monochrome, we can focus on texture without beeing ditracted with colors. Very nice work!

14. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    I remember the first , but I dont remember the second one.

I like it alot . Love old bldgs ,and especially in B&W.

15. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I love those old houses Dave
    Nice shots

16. great stuff Dave particularly the second one..

17. Thanks for the additional comments. This is one thing that truly fascinates me. You mind HAS to wonder about the history behind these places.
    dave

18. Very nice, especially the second. I never see any abandoned houses around here. The property is far to valuable.
    Yes, makes me wonder about the history. Each room has its own stories... births, marriages, deaths, seasons passed.....

19. Robert

Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    Canada
    Great shots Dave!! They both suit B&W really well...good choice!! The first, teatering on blocks looks really fragile. It looks as if it would be easy to blow over! :smile:

20. I dave! I love the composition on the second shot! Well done.

Anthony

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.