More abandoned properties

Jeff (AKA vettenut) started a thread on one of my favorite subjects. Rather than hi-jack his thread I wanted to re-post two of my personal favorites

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hope you enjoy

Dave

The square footage of a lot of old homes like this always fascinate me. The cost to build them nowadays would be astronomical.

Both are very very good but #2 is really something special. I'm guessing you have a large print of this? If not you should!

I like both of these Dave. I remember seeing a print, which looks great, of the first one. Do I remember correctly this is with the 200 micro? I agree with Andy that the second would make a great print also.

D

DoorMan

I really like both of them Dave. Old houses are one of my favorites also.

The second jumps right out at me, love it. Is that someone on the hill in the first?
Douglas, Thank you. It is an illusion of someone on the hill. I titled the print "Ghost on the Hill" because it just seemed like the ghost of the prior owner watching over the place.

The square footage of a lot of old homes like this always fascinate me. The cost to build them nowadays would be astronomical.

Both are very very good but #2 is really something special. I'm guessing you have a large print of this? If not you should!
Andy, Yes I made a 17 X 22 print of it. I cloned out the antennas and wires as sell as the state senate sign before printing. Appreciate you looking.

I like both of these Dave. I remember seeing a print, which looks great, of the first one. Do I remember correctly this is with the 200 micro? I agree with Andy that the second would make a great print also.
Thanks Dave. Yes the first image was taken with the 200mm micro.
Dave

To all of the folks that looked and commented, I appreciate it!

L

lilaphoto

I love abandoned properties, especially in monochrome, we can focus on texture without beeing ditracted with colors. Very nice work!

I remember the first , but I dont remember the second one.

I like it alot . Love old bldgs ,and especially in B&W.

Thanks for the additional comments. This is one thing that truly fascinates me. You mind HAS to wonder about the history behind these places.
dave

Very nice, especially the second. I never see any abandoned houses around here. The property is far to valuable.
Yes, makes me wonder about the history. Each room has its own stories... births, marriages, deaths, seasons passed.....

Great shots Dave!! They both suit B&W really well...good choice!! The first, teatering on blocks looks really fragile. It looks as if it would be easy to blow over! :smile:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom