More and more Ducks

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Tim Z, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Hope people don't mind a few more duck shots. They seem to be the primary subject during these wet winter months. :smile:

Cheers

Tim

Mallard (male)
    [​IMG]

American Widgeon (male)
    [​IMG]

Eurasian Widgeon (male)
    [​IMG]

Harlequin Duck (male)
    [​IMG]

Northern Pintail (male)
    [​IMG]

Northern Shoveler (male)
    [​IMG]

Northern Shoveler (female)
    [​IMG]

Wood Duck (male)
    [​IMG]

Wood Duck (male)
    [​IMG]

Ring-necked Duck (male)
    [​IMG]

Hooded Merganzers (pair)
    [​IMG]

2. They are awesome! I especially like that flying male mallard! I love ducks. I raise little call ducks.

3. Excellent images. Always like to view duck shots. The clarity and color are very good. What's some of your shooting data?

Louie

4. Very nice stuff love the widgeon and the wood duck shpts

5. RForshey

RForshey Guest

All are very nice, but I especially like the Mallard in flight..

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    WOW how in the world do you do it.

They are so perfect.
    Beautiful work.

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Gorgeous images Tim. My favorite is also the Mallard in flight, just because that is my passion, but all are excellent.

8. Thanks all for viewing. I appreciate all the comments. The Mallard in-flight shot always seems to grab the most attention, and I like it too, but it was probably the easiest of the bunch to capture. The hardest to capture was the Hooded Merganzers and Harlequin Duck as they are both very skiddish species around here. My personal favourite of this group is the Male Northern Shoveler. :smile:

Happy New Year all

Tim

9. I'll go against the grain here, luv the male pintail. We never get them in full bloom here. And of course luv the wood ducks! See what you mean by flat light. Well you live in BC, cant have it all ;-) Nicely done Tim!

10. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Tim, all of those are outstanding. There is nothing prettier than a Mallard with its wings cupped.

11. Chip

Chip

Oct 13, 2005
    WA
    Tim,
    I never get tired of great shots like these... The Pintail really shows some attitude the way you captured it. Great job on all of them.

12. Outstanding shots, Tim!!! Where do find such a great variety? We have a few mallards still down by the Thompson River, but I think most of our ducks must have headed down your way to escape our last cold snap.

13. Great shots Tim. Love ducks also.

14. Wow. I've never been able to get close to Shovelers or Hoodies. Very impressive Tim.