More Attila (the Hum[mer])

Discussion in 'Birds' started by DW Brewer, May 29, 2007.

1. "Hi y'all, my name is Attila, and I'm the meanest bit of fluff in this garden! All these plants, all these blooms, and especially all these hummingbird feeders BELONG TO ME!!! (and don't you forget it!) If I espy another hummingbird who dares to come into my territory, look out below, ...it's dive bomb time! Of course, if it's a female who wanders by, why, I can become "Attila the suave." "hey ba-bee, what's a doll like you doing in a place like this? Let's boogie; your place or mine?" (Attila is quite the showman and chauvenist when it comes to the ladies. He zooms and swoops; does all the fancy courtship maneuvers, etc.) If another male comes into the garden, well Attila perfers to "...kick butt girst and ask questions later." He zooms to the attack from one of four preferred "lookout perches." Oh yes, before I forget, he also has a message for us human types: "Don't you dare wearing anything red in "his garden" -- unless, of course, you want to set yourself up for some serious hummingbird smack!"
    In this image, he is on one of his "lookout perches," trying to figure out whether to attack that "big eye" I am pointing at him!
    D2Hs+120-300+2XTC, ISO 200, f5.6, 1/64 (natural lighting)

2. Coop

Coop

Feb 9, 2006
    Holyoke, Mass.
    I've got his brother in my yard, believe he's back for the third year.. Only difference seems to be he's gender intolerant neutral, goes after all interlopers, male or female.

3. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    Hummingbird smack??? ROFL!!!!!! He's too cute!

4. awwww, he's too cute to be that mean! Nice photo BTW