More Baseball

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by eng45ine, Apr 16, 2007.

1. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I shot a game today and the sun was a killer. I struggled to keep from blowing highlights. As usual, all were taken with a D2H, 300mm f/2.8 AF-S VR and TC-14E II.

Going hard into second base...

Your basic kid up-to-bat shot...

View attachment 91069

Cheater shot of the catcher tossing to second to start the inning...

View attachment 91070

2. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    The 3rd one......just what I was talking about...I want that shot also...
    Doesn't matter if you cheated or not...still a good shot. Love those eyes !

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I plan to get something a bit more authentic, but at least I have him doing something other than squatting down or batting. Such a nice kid, I want him to have something special to preserve his h.s. memories for a long, long time.

4. Hey Frank,

That shadow cast by the kid jumping over the slider in the first shot is really very cool. Boy that would've been some kind of shot were you able to have the jumpers entire body in the frame. Still it is a great shot. Nice job!

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    You know Ty, I would have had that shot if I wasn't using the TC as well. I am going to take it off while shooting tomorrow and see how that goes. I like the lens and TC option, now it's time to learn how to handle the lens alone.

6. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    Great action captured in your shots Frank! The third shot is something this kid will surely cherish throughout his life. Your skill level seems to be gaining exponentially with each additional game you shoot. And this is just the beginning ... we are all looking forward to watching some great action shots from you in the days ahead. Great job!

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks Shekhar, tough light today. The images that I got will need some healthy post processing work to salvage. It's all a learning experience I guess.

8. JMartin

JMartin Guest

UHG! I wish I had your problems, Frank! :biggrin:

Very nice pictures as usual, I am very jealous! I really love that first shot, even with the shortstop partially cut out of the picture it gives you a sense of the action. I love the flying sand in that image as well.

9. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    nice shots Frank, as always.
    They are all good,
    I like #1...even though the basemans upper body is cut off, it still makes for an interesting shot, with the dust, and the shadow.

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great shots Frank
    Ya know.. That is a tricky lens. Not just pick it up and start shooting. One lens you need to learn. 400 2.8 the same.
    Good work.
    You know what your doing.
    How are you supporting it.

11. Very nice Frank! Love the action in the first shot.

Anthony

12. Great captures I hate shooting with harsh sun it makes exposures a night mare. Frank shooting warm ups is not cheating that is when if you are selling to the parents some of the best shots can be had, pitcher warming up , the infield fielding balls and throwing to first the pitcher warming up. If you are shooting for sales these are prime opportunities to get some great shots.

13. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    All shot from a monopod.

14. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Good logic there Mike and I plan to take advantage of those "freebie" shooting opportunities, too. Twenty years from now, these kids will not know if it was practice of the real deal.