More birds from Puerto Rico

Discussion in 'Birds' started by jczinn, Mar 3, 2005.

1. At least on this forum I don't have to offer any apology for posting bird shots. :roll: Still a few more to process, then on to the scenics and other fauna...

More from Puerto Rico. D100, 80-400VR handheld, SB80dx

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one we have in the States as well, but never could get one to sit for me like this!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Fantastic

Janet
    I am always amazed at your shots, the colors of the yellow warlber are fantastic, all the sbirs are so cool looking. Look forward to soem more bird and senic shots

3. I found something to enjoy in every one of those, Janet. The yellow warbler and the pearly-eyed
    thrasher were my favorites. You sure make a tempting case for the 80-400VR!

4. Your images are excellent and fun to look at. It's nice to see a completely different set of birds. From a nature perspective the pearly eyed thrasher is really nice. The yellow warbler is so colorful and dainty looking. Thanks for sharing these images.

5. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    I can't really improve on what Frank has said other than to add that these are simply superb images Janet, as always.

Neil

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Great shots Janet. I am just a birdie newbie, so I really look forward to every post that you make. I always learn something from each one.

This one is special because it shows some birds that we don't normally see. It amazes me how you can identify species that are as unusual as these.

Regards,

Frank

7. Those pictures are very crisp and the colors are fantastic, Janet! (where is the emoticon for clap-clap?). Are those taken at full zoom and how close were you :?:

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Janet,

That 80-400 VR sings pretty for you.

Beautiful birdies. Look foward to the rest of you trip.

Cheers
    Gale

9. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Hi Janet,

Your pictures make my heart sing! They look like paintings. You have great talent and you make the birds come alive with your 80-400. I had no idea that lens was so good...

Good job and a joy to see,

Gaye

10. Hi Philippe, these were all at full 400mm except for the Yellow Warbler which is at 280mm. 95% of the time I am at full zoom with this lens. I know for sure that Cuckoo was way over my head at least 40 feet up. The Thrasher and Thrush were maybe 15 feet? I'm terrible at judging distances!

11. Thanks so much Gaye (and everyone!) Sometimes I think Nikon should hire me to be the spokesperson for this lens...or at least give me a free D2X, :lol: , given how many people I've convinced to buy the 80-400VR! Its true that the slow focus at times in the dark forest was maddening on this trip, but still, I don't see an alternative. I carried it hiking for 8 hours one day...couldn't have done that with the 70-200+TC.

12. What amazing shots!! IMO, what makes these shots amazing is all the wonderful colors. Way to go!!

13. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Janet,

Like Bryan (photodawg) said the colors are great.

I love them all.

Thanks,

14. Janet, one question....

Do they chirp with an accent? :lol:

Nice shots as always. Looks like you had a great trip.

15. Ha ha Harris, I couldn't understand a word they said (all in Spanish!) ;-)

16. Well done.

Yet again you have shown us just how good you are with our feathered friends. Certainly gives us something to aspire too.

BW. Bob F.