More birds from Puerto Rico

At least on this forum I don't have to offer any apology for posting bird shots. :roll: Still a few more to process, then on to the scenics and other fauna...

More from Puerto Rico. D100, 80-400VR handheld, SB80dx

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This one we have in the States as well, but never could get one to sit for me like this!

Fantastic

Janet
I am always amazed at your shots, the colors of the yellow warlber are fantastic, all the sbirs are so cool looking. Look forward to soem more bird and senic shots

I found something to enjoy in every one of those, Janet. The yellow warbler and the pearly-eyed
thrasher were my favorites. You sure make a tempting case for the 80-400VR!

Your images are excellent and fun to look at. It's nice to see a completely different set of birds. From a nature perspective the pearly eyed thrasher is really nice. The yellow warbler is so colorful and dainty looking. Thanks for sharing these images.

UncleFrank said:
I found something to enjoy in every one of those, Janet. The yellow warbler and the pearly-eyed
thrasher were my favorites. You sure make a tempting case for the 80-400VR!
I can't really improve on what Frank has said other than to add that these are simply superb images Janet, as always.

Neil

Great shots Janet. I am just a birdie newbie, so I really look forward to every post that you make. I always learn something from each one.

This one is special because it shows some birds that we don't normally see. It amazes me how you can identify species that are as unusual as these.

Regards,

Frank

Janet,

That 80-400 VR sings pretty for you.

Beautiful birdies. Look foward to the rest of you trip.

Cheers
Gale

Hi Janet,

Your pictures make my heart sing! They look like paintings. You have great talent and you make the birds come alive with your 80-400. I had no idea that lens was so good...

Good job and a joy to see,

Gaye

Philippe Roger said:
Those pictures are very crisp and the colors are fantastic, Janet! (where is the emoticon for clap-clap?). Are those taken at full zoom and how close were you :?:
Hi Philippe, these were all at full 400mm except for the Yellow Warbler which is at 280mm. 95% of the time I am at full zoom with this lens. I know for sure that Cuckoo was way over my head at least 40 feet up. The Thrasher and Thrush were maybe 15 feet? I'm terrible at judging distances!

GeeJay said:
Hi Janet,

Your pictures make my heart sing! They look like paintings. You have great talent and you make the birds come alive with your 80-400. I had no idea that lens was so good...

Good job and a joy to see,

Gaye
Thanks so much Gaye (and everyone!) Sometimes I think Nikon should hire me to be the spokesperson for this lens...or at least give me a free D2X, :lol: , given how many people I've convinced to buy the 80-400VR! Its true that the slow focus at times in the dark forest was maddening on this trip, but still, I don't see an alternative. I carried it hiking for 8 hours one day...couldn't have done that with the 70-200+TC.

PGB

Janet,

Like Bryan (photodawg) said the colors are great.

I love them all.

Thanks,

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom