More birds from the Cafe BBQ

Discussion in 'Birds' started by RKnecht, Jun 4, 2007.

1. at Jim's place. I posted a few quick shots a few days ago and just got around to looking at all my shots. Jim allowed me to shoot the whole day with his 500P and his TC 16A coupled to my D2x. Given practice, this combo looks to be a very sharp setup. Here are some more samples of what I was able to get. As always, I welcome your C&C.....good or bad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The only problem with this lens/TC combo is that now I want one. It's gonna be hard to hide that box from the wife.

2. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    Love the woodpecker. Downy?

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Rich,

Very hard to find any faults in this set of images. You are right about that lens / TC set-up. Very, very sharp, and you definitely took advantage of this combo.

4. very nice results!!

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice little birdies
    Way to go

6. AndrewJ

AndrewJ Guest

Great job, really amazing!

7. Beautiful images! That 500P had the advantage of great reach, especially with the TC attached.... You did really well with it!

Note to others: heh, having been there, I can testify that Rich was glued to that thing pretty much all day! I can see a 500mm lens in his future.... :biggrin:

8. Thanks Connie....yeah, my wife had to listen to me rave about that lens while I was processing pictures. I just don't know whether to buy one before or after I get a Sigma 120-300 2.8.

These Cafe gatherings always wind up costing me money. Well worth it though. It's great to share a great day with great people!

9. BarryS

BarryS

Dec 12, 2006
    Narberth, PA
    Oh its not like you have to hide it from her you tell her how much stuff is and she just goes thats all. If she keeps putting you on all those malining lists you gonna need a second body and then a runner :smile:.