More birds from the Cafe BBQ

at Jim's place. I posted a few quick shots a few days ago and just got around to looking at all my shots. Jim allowed me to shoot the whole day with his 500P and his TC 16A coupled to my D2x. Given practice, this combo looks to be a very sharp setup. Here are some more samples of what I was able to get. As always, I welcome your C&C.....good or bad.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The only problem with this lens/TC combo is that now I want one. It's gonna be hard to hide that box from the wife.

Rich,

Very hard to find any faults in this set of images. You are right about that lens / TC set-up. Very, very sharp, and you definitely took advantage of this combo.

Beautiful images! That 500P had the advantage of great reach, especially with the TC attached.... You did really well with it!

Note to others: heh, having been there, I can testify that Rich was glued to that thing pretty much all day! I can see a 500mm lens in his future.... :biggrin:
Thanks Connie....yeah, my wife had to listen to me rave about that lens while I was processing pictures. I just don't know whether to buy one before or after I get a Sigma 120-300 2.8.

These Cafe gatherings always wind up costing me money. Well worth it though. It's great to share a great day with great people!

Thanks Connie....yeah, my wife had to listen to me rave about that lens while I was processing pictures. I just don't know whether to buy one before or after I get a Sigma 120-300 2.8.

These Cafe gatherings always wind up costing me money. Well worth it though. It's great to share a great day with great people!
Oh its not like you have to hide it from her you tell her how much stuff is and she just goes thats all. If she keeps putting you on all those malining lists you gonna need a second body and then a runner :smile:.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom