More Butterflies from Niagara Park

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by CrystallP, Jul 25, 2005.

1. A few more butterflies from the Butterfly Conservatory at Niagara Park, Ontario, Canada:

1/125s f/6.3 at 260.0mm

Nikon D70 ,Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR

1/320s f/4.8 at 340.0mm

1/160s f/4.8 at 340.0mm

2. Excellent photos Crystall
    I like best... well all of them for different reasons.
    First one, the isolation is wonderful
    Second one, dramatic color contrast
    Thrid one, great capture reminding me an air show.

Just happen to notice your signature, well I'm there!!! A spare backup disk, DVD and Tape, all that in my personal 2TBs -yes! 2 TerraBytes- SAN (Storage Area Network)... ;-)

3. nicley done I remmebr that place well did you make it down to Niagra on the Lake, just down the road?

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Oooh, Crystall, I'm soooo jealous...that first one is beautiful. I can only imagine what a wonderful time you are having. Please keep posting more shots like these, I am really enjoying them.

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent Crystall. I really like the detail you got of the head and front of the body on the first one (the rest of it ain't bad either ;-)). I know from my experience how difficult that one is to get.

6. Beautiful pictures Crystall.

7. Very nice, gee i like the pattern on the wings of the 2 first one.

8. Panos, Mike, Leigh, Frank, Cindy, and Gilles,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I really liked the contrast between the black and white butterfly and the red butterfly weed (?). I chased him for a while as well as a magnificent butterfly with multiple colors. I was only able to capture a clear shot of his back end resting on a leaf. The rest of the images show him with his wings fluttering, feeding from flowers. I will try and post a few tonight.

I am anxious to visit other butterfly exhibits or conservatories. There is one at Brookside Gardens in Wheaton, Maryland. Are there any in your area(s)?