Critique More Butterfly Abstracts...

A few more from yesterday...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You're doing such a nice job of lighting these to reveal their texture.
Thanks Mike...

I tried to keep the lighting simple...and didn't want to set up strobes. So, I just handheld this tiny cube to light the wings. Moving the light to the side of the wings helped to bring out the texture.

This is an iPhone picture of the cube (https://www.amazon.com/LitraTorch-Waterproof-Military-Grade-Rechargeable-Temperature/dp/B06Y3JF1T2):

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for posting these. Excellent.
Thanks Allan
Can't stop looking at these. As Connie observed, so fabric like!
Thank you, Nick...sometimes macro can be fun in that you see some unexpected things.
Absolutely brilliant!
Thanks Shekhar
That Litra Light looks really interesting, too -- I have seen something similar, Lume Cube, advertised and from time to time have thought how useful a small light like that could be for shooting in various situations..... I'll have to check out this one now!
I first saw the light while attending Mike Moat's annual macro photography conference about a year ago in Cleveland. It looked appealing. I haven't used it very often since I usually use my Nikon SB units. But, I really didn't want to bother setting up the lights so I just held this tiny unit up near the subject. I thought it did a nice job.
Fascinating and beautiful. I had no idea butterfly wings would look so much like fabric. Well done!
Thanks Miriam...honestly, I didn't know it would look like fabric until I viewed the images on my computer monitor while editing them.

Glenn

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom