More Close up at UofM

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by dbirdsong, Sep 8, 2005.

1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Here are a couple more shots from the University of Michigan's Botanical Gardens from Tuesday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All taken with a D70, Sigma 70-200 HSM EX with a 2x Sigma EX TC and a SB800 flash.

2. Really nice Dave, I especially like the closeup of the cleome.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent work Dave.

Nice colors, nice and sharp.

4. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Thanks Crystal, is that the second or third picture? I just take pictures of what I see, I don't know what they are in most cases and they don't have signs on them.

5. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Thanks Gale

6. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Thanks

Nice work - lovely colors, sharp etc. Always good for us to see what a third party lens can do. That Sigma has a lot of fans.

7. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    Hey Dave quick ? for you.. how is that sigma working with the 2x converter??? thinking about one for my 70-200... great pictures... hope to see more...

Tim

8. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

The Sigma 2x EX is great... I had bought a Kenko Pro, but it wouldn't focus on the 70-200 so I sold it and bought the Sigma.
    I wish I had known about it earlier because I had bought a Sigma 400 off of Ebay and really didn't like it that much so I ended up selling it at a $150 lose.

9. Hi Dave -

Very impressive work here - and also somewhat LL-inspiring . . .

I also have the D70, and the Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 HSM - neither of which has ever limited my still-developing "skills" . . .LOL.

I have the Sigma 1.4 TC for the 70-200 mm, and I've only yet used it in bright, cloudless skies - that combo has been excellent in my hands at least. Very fast to focus, and yielding very sharp images hand-held.

The SB-800, however, is still on my list and my birthday is approaching!

Eric

10. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I have that TC also.. It seems to live on my camera most of the time, about the only time it is off is when I have the 2x on but when the UHL hockey season starts, it will come off because the arena I shoot at has very poor lighting.

11. Hi Dave,

The Cleome is the second photo. Someone identified the species for me last week.

12. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Cool, that is one of my favorite shots too.. The print looks great too

13. Neil

Neil

Jul 8, 2005
    Douglasville, GA
    Dave nice shots very nice range of images. Butterfly color is outstanding and like how the third shot shines, I am guessing water on plants.