More D700 & D3 high ISO test shots

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by Tosh, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Tosh

Tosh

May 6, 2005
    NY
  2. PWPhoto

PWPhoto

Jul 21, 2006
    San Diego
    Thanks, its nice to know they look the same.

3. Sandro Bravo

Sandro Bravo

Nov 18, 2005
    Portugal
    Those look awesome....just more fuel to the lust bonfire...:biggrin:

4. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

just imagine your noct ona d700 ...;-)

5. Im quite suprised so many people think there actually would be a diffrence in IQ. Its the same sensor, and Nikon wouldnt throw in completeley diffrent processing just to annoy D3 owners who will use it as a second body. .-)

6. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

imagine you're picking up one these, right?
    :cool: 

7. Sandro Bravo

Sandro Bravo

Nov 18, 2005
    Portugal
    I can imagine...but for now it will have to remain as part of my imagination...
    :smile:

8. Tosh

Tosh

May 6, 2005
    NY
    Sometimes when manufacturers use the same component in different lines or classes of their products (think auto engines), the component's performance in the lower line isn't quite the same.
    Whether due to purposeful dumbing down or interplay with other lesser components in the lower tier model, performance can vary.
    I think the people posting herein are just happy for the confirmation that image quality appears to be the same.

Next I'd love to see similar confirmation on the AF performance.
    If so, for me it's bye-bye D3 and hellooooo D700.:biggrin:

9. pointa-b-c

pointa-b-c

Mar 21, 2007
    Los Angeles
    If and only if camera bodies could be modified like cars, talk about a huge potential aftermarket. :biggrin:

10. Tosh

Tosh

May 6, 2005
    NY
    That would be cool!
    I'm sure some of the specific purpose mods would be mind-boggling, similar to how dragsters bear little resemblance to what's parked in my garage.

11. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

ya, tubo-charged af and sensors? lol
    :eek: 

12. Well im not gonna be one of the first out the door with this one either. :smile:, even though the size is tempting for my personal use. (cycling with a backpack for example)

Its a great addition to the Nikon lineup for sure.

13. Well the sensor has its own charachteristics, and that isnt likely to change regarding the processing power. So IQ is and should be the same without doubt.

Eitherway, if people are happy that is good!:smile:

As for the AF performance, you have two camps, those who claim its equal to the D3, and those who claim its closer to the D300.

Personally i dont care, since.

A.Im not getting a D700 on the releaseday

B.And when i do, well i shoot mostly manual anway

C.My D3 wont go anywhere

BUT according to my friend, who where at the Nikon press conference, they REALLY stressed the fact that the D700 would indeed perform equally to the D3, and not like the D300 have the same AF module, but not the same processing power.

Eitherway, time will tell.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.