1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

More D90 smoke

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by Pa, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Here.

Admittedly, not much there we didn't already know.

2. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    So Fla
    seems true

the same 2 channel 420 segment meter from D50/D80
    a shame, the D80 meter was its only weak spot, image wise, IMO

3. I don't mind a 420 segment meter , it's the dumb programming that concentrates on focus areas that's the problem .

4. neimac

neimac

May 26, 2008
    Idaho
    Can't wait to see more about this camera, this could very well be what I upgrade my D50 with.

5. I'm hoping it won't just be a D80 with video capability, which I couldn't care less about. I would prefer to have my $$$ go toward bringing it up to D200 standards with better high-iso capability.

6. MikeG76

MikeG76

Jun 11, 2008
    Middletown, NY
    If its the same meter, I'll pass and get the D200 instead. I'll wait for a decent review or two though first.

7. Save a bit more Mike and get a D300 instead:wink:

8. MikeG76

MikeG76

Jun 11, 2008
    Middletown, NY
    I need to get some lenses too though ;)  I would go for the D300, but it may be out of my price range for this year. I'm heading to South Africa in December for a wedding and then hopefully taking in some nature for a week down there.

9. Be very careful about carrying anything shiny there ! I would take a D50 and 18-200 at most if I went "home" .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.