More dramatic skies using...

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by RKnecht, Jul 22, 2007.

1. HDR images. I've been fooling around in photomatrix and CS2 trying to get more dramatic skies without going too far. I think I am getting pretty close, but would like some feedback. These shots were taken with the Tokina 12-24 and a CP filter. I just got the CP, and it looks like it really brings out the colors. I hope this is the right forum to place these.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I like them. I bough t a CP in the Cafe for my 18-70 and love it. It works great for the sky though I find sometimes it goes a little too far. Also works great for window reflections.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I really like the third one

4. Like em! Regular post cards. But straighten up the flag pole and horizon in those last two. They're making me scream!:wink:

5. Sorry about that. I meant to straighten the flagpole. The horizon on the other hand would be harder. This flag is at the crest of a large hill and that is evident by the road in front of the monument.

6. Of course you are correct about the horizon. I didn't notice that the cemetary was on a hill.:rolleyes: Beautiful shots.

7. SP77

SP77

Jun 4, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    Rich, these look great! :smile: A lot of the HDR images I've seen you can tell they're HDR. These just plain look good, natural, and very realistic to what my eyes see vs what you'd get on a single digital or film exposure! If anything I'd say the sky is a bit too strong, but that can happen with CP's, HDR or not.

8. SitAndWatch

SitAndWatch Guest

thoe are nice shots