More early spring wildflowers

We have no CV lockdown in Virginia and only one known case anywhere near us (50 miles away). So we feel fairly safe in visiting our favorite wildflower locations in the great outdoors. Tuesday my wife and I made a big circuit and hit four of them in about a 60 mile loop.

We started at Boner's Run where we found Virginia bluebells and cutleaf toothwort.

_JZ62063.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_JZ62064.jpg

Next, we visited Greenhill Park near Salem, Virginia where we always find lots of trillium. The trillium weren't open yet but we did find spring beauty...

_JZ62078.jpg

4...and Jeffersonia, or twin leaf
_JZ62081.jpg

On to Falls Ridge Nature Conservancy property where the hepatica were beautiful.

_JZ62119.jpg

_JZ62166.jpg

Finally, we stopped by Cedar Run to search for trout lily. We did find a very few in bloom along with a few Rue anemone

_JZ62171.jpg

_JZ62174.jpg

Last edited:
Real Name
(Mike) Michael Skerritt.
We have no CV lockdown in Virginia and only one known case anywhere near us (50 miles away). So we feel fairly safe in visiting our favorite wildflower locations in the great outdoors. Tuesday my wife and I made a big circuit and hit four of them in about a 60 mile loop.

We started at Boner's Run where we found Virginia bluebells and cutleaf toothwort.

Next, we visited Greenhill Park near Salem, Virginia where we always find lots of trillium. The trillium weren't open yet but we did find spring beauty...

View attachment 1657830

4...and Jeffersonia, or twin leaf
View attachment 1657831

On to Falls Ride Nature Conservancy property where the hepatica were beautiful.

Finally, we stopped by Cedar Run to search for trout lily. We did find a very few in bloom along with a few Rue anemone

What a lovely set of images Pa. A welcoming sight of summer nearing.
Mike

What a lovely set of images Pa. A welcoming sight of summer nearing.
Mike
Thanks, Mike. Summer is still a long way away, but at least it is definitely Spring now.

Thanks, Walter.

Pretty flowers.

Re - the virus - people can have it and symptoms will not show up for several days yet.
Thanks, Allan. Yep, I'm well aware of the caveats on the virus, that's why I put "known" in italics.

Lovely, nice and delicate. Nature at its best!
Thanks, Nick.

Real Name
Mike
Thanks again Jim. Things haven't really started happening in my area yet.

I love your Spring Beauty. The one's in my area have rounded petals. And the color of the Hepatica in #6....breath taking! I know of one little patch that produces those deep blues and violets.

Stay well!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom