More fall colors

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by shadow, Oct 31, 2005.

1. went out this weekend and started taking pictures of the fall colors....

Here's what I got.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Below is the only shot I "set up" I had the red and green leaf and was looking for something special. That is when the little wild violet appeared in the grass. I "framed it" with a couple of other colored leaves.

[​IMG]

Below is a Japanese Red leaf Maple. The seeds were this deep rich red which was very eye catching.
    [​IMG]

The next two are different varieties of crabapples. Loved the way the fruit contrasted with the leaves.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So it isn't really autumn colored. This was shot at f/2.8 for depth of field and there isn't a lot of contrast, although I like how the shot turned out. Oak leaves usually are very late to turn here.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://webpages.charter.net/moneyfwfs/Fall Colors/Fall Colors103005 0030-01.jpg

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking any and all feedback is welcomed and appreciated. I'm trying to learn so I'm always looking for input on composition, PP input, and other insight. Thanks!

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful colors and shapes.
    Few creative placements does the trick :>))

3. Neal
    Delightful bunch of pictures here, The first does something special for me. Thanks for posting!
    Dave

4. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    A nice set Neal. Our oaks have started, so yours shouldn't be far behind. The violet seemed a little incongruous, but I spotted some growing in my pasture today -- I guess they don't know what time of year it is.:smile:

5. Very nice and saturated fall colours! I particularly like the ones with shallow DOF and bokeh.

Regards,
    Jonathan

6. Very nice group of autumn colors, i like very much the DOF in the first picture.