More fireworks anyone

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by mikey v, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Last night was my first try at fireworks also. This is from the Great Meadow display near Warrenton Va. I used a D200 with an 80-200 f2.8 lens. The best ones came from locking the shutter open and covering the lens with a hat between bursts, I had a great time taking them and hope you enjoy them.
    p628527403-4.

[​IMG]

View attachment 104314

:Dizzy:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2007
  2. Nice shots Michael

Here's a few of mine, 2nd time trying fireworks. This is my 17-55 Nikkor. I used a 70-200 vr on my 1st attempt, but I wanted to go wider this time to include some context. This display was over Humboldt Bay in Eureka, Ca.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2007
  3. _Jorge_

_Jorge_

Jul 3, 2007
    Thailand
    First try? wow! Very well done. I like your technique (the hat). Thanks for sharing.

4. I find these images extremely pleasing.
    :wink:

5. Well done Jack, your first try was a success.

6. Cabrams

Cabrams Guest

Jack, great shots. Was it windy or was you shooting from a side view. I find it very interesting that the streamers seam to be running of the left side of the image instead of falling to the bottom.

very well done.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    They are beautiful Michael