More Flowers from the Southwest

I have some more flowers that I would love to get identified. Pa helped me out with the last batch. Here are some more.

The first is a flowering bush. The bees just loved it.

43857674.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 9510

View attachment 9511

I think the one below is a Prickly Pear

View attachment 9512

View attachment 9513

View attachment 9514

View attachment 9515

The picture below was to show plants growing in the Kryptobiotic soil

View attachment 9516

The next one is not the best exposure. Sorry I didn't nail it as this clump of flowers was magnificent. Also wondering about the yellow flowers in the background.

View attachment 9517

As always constructive criticism welcome. I realize that some of these pictures aren't as good as my last post. I still want to put them in my Moab gallery. Maybe on a return visit, I'll get better examples of these varieties.

Terri French said:
I have some more flowers that I would love to get identified. Pa helped me out with the last batch. Here are some more.

My wife is out for the morning. I'm sure you'll get some names when she returns as several of these look quite familiar from our days in the SW.

Hi Terri,

Great series of desert flowers! I really like the saturation of the colours, did you do any post processing with these or are they off the camera saturation settings?

Surprising how much bright colours you get in a dry desert condition. I can sense the heat too, or is it dry and cool at this time of the year? I have no ideas, never been to a desert area before.

Regards,
Jonathan

viewfinder said:
Hi Terri,

Great series of desert flowers! I really like the saturation of the colours, did you do any post processing with these or are they off the camera saturation settings?

Surprising how much bright colours you get in a dry desert condition. I can sense the heat too, or is it dry and cool at this time of the year? I have no ideas, never been to a desert area before.

Regards,
Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,
I took them all in Raw and converted them in Adobe Photoshop CS2. The bright colors are amazing. It was very hot when we were there last weekend, but it cools down at night in that area. It is a higher elevation there.

The desert is interesting. I live in a high mountain desert in southern Idaho. Our conditions are much different from those in southern Utah.

Hi Terri,

Photos 4 and 8 are Prickly Pear. Number 6, I believe is a Yucca plant and number 9 is Lupine. Number 7 is what I call an Indian Paintbrush. And I think number 5 might be a pincushion barrel cactus. Hope this helps.

BTW nice photos

Micah said:
Hi Terri,

Photos 4 and 8 are Prickly Pear. Number 6, I believe is a Yucca plant and number 9 is Lupine. Number 7 is what I call an Indian Paintbrush. And I think number 5 might be a pincushion barrel cactus. Hope this helps.

BTW nice photos

Thank you so much for the ID Micah. I appreciate you taking the time to help me.

Latest threads

Top Bottom