1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

More flying white birds @ the Rookery

Discussion in 'Merritt Island II' started by Kevin Scott, Jun 7, 2005.

1. It's taken a little bit to go through these photos and find some that others haven't posted. These are cattle egrets and wood storks all taken at the Rookery.

Cattle egrets
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wood Storks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Hey Kevin -

All super shots. (After all it's not your fault that storks are so darn ugly. :lol: ) Again I like the one shot of the cattle egrets against a dark background best - that bland overcast sky doesn't make for spectacular shots. Of course my first posting of flying birds at the rookery are going to be white great egrets against a white sky and I'm going to tell you how lovely they are. :roll:

Gordon

3. I kinda thought the white sky background looked cool. Might make it easy to just "drop in" some old cloudy sky picture I have laying around somewhere. ;)  I'm sure I'll be back there pretty soon--when the skies are blue.

Hey, next time you come down we'll have to go to Gatorland's rookery. It has a 3-story platform! It's supposed to be even larger than the Alligator Farm's rookery.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Kevin,

I made it back home for a day, then off on the road again, this time on business without my cam :?

Excellent shots. See, it didn't take long at the rookery to become one of the experts. :wink:

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Good stuff Kevin,

You did a good job catching the flying birds.

I did not do well on the flying birds at all.

Oh well.

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Kevin, that first one's a beauty!

7. Hey, with teachers like you, who could go wrong? :wink: Can't wait to get out to some of these places again and practice, practice, practice!

8. Thanks, Leigh. And to think, prior to this get together, I didn't even like Cattle Egrets. Now seeing them in their breeding plumage, I have a new-found admiration for them. Thanks for commenting!

9. Well, then. I guess we'll just need to go back out and give it another shot. I don't think I'd ever get tired of shooting these "birdies" (as Flew calls them)

10. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Excellent shots Kevin.

11. Thanks, Harry. I appreciate the time you took at Viera to get me acclimated.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.