More flying white birds @ the Rookery

Discussion in 'Merritt Island II' started by Kevin Scott, Jun 7, 2005.

1. It's taken a little bit to go through these photos and find some that others haven't posted. These are cattle egrets and wood storks all taken at the Rookery.

Cattle egrets
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wood Storks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Hey Kevin -

All super shots. (After all it's not your fault that storks are so darn ugly. :lol: ) Again I like the one shot of the cattle egrets against a dark background best - that bland overcast sky doesn't make for spectacular shots. Of course my first posting of flying birds at the rookery are going to be white great egrets against a white sky and I'm going to tell you how lovely they are. :roll:

Gordon

3. I kinda thought the white sky background looked cool. Might make it easy to just "drop in" some old cloudy sky picture I have laying around somewhere. ;) I'm sure I'll be back there pretty soon--when the skies are blue.

Hey, next time you come down we'll have to go to Gatorland's rookery. It has a 3-story platform! It's supposed to be even larger than the Alligator Farm's rookery.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Kevin,

I made it back home for a day, then off on the road again, this time on business without my cam :?

Excellent shots. See, it didn't take long at the rookery to become one of the experts. :wink:

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Good stuff Kevin,

You did a good job catching the flying birds.

I did not do well on the flying birds at all.

Oh well.

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Kevin, that first one's a beauty!

7. Hey, with teachers like you, who could go wrong? :wink: Can't wait to get out to some of these places again and practice, practice, practice!

8. Thanks, Leigh. And to think, prior to this get together, I didn't even like Cattle Egrets. Now seeing them in their breeding plumage, I have a new-found admiration for them. Thanks for commenting!

9. Well, then. I guess we'll just need to go back out and give it another shot. I don't think I'd ever get tired of shooting these "birdies" (as Flew calls them)

10. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Excellent shots Kevin.

11. Thanks, Harry. I appreciate the time you took at Viera to get me acclimated.