More flying white birds @ the Rookery

It's taken a little bit to go through these photos and find some that others haven't posted. These are cattle egrets and wood storks all taken at the Rookery.

Cattle egrets
FlyingCattleEgret.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

LandingEgret.jpg

Wood Storks
FlyingStork.jpg

LandingStork.jpg

G

Gordon Large

Hey Kevin -

All super shots. (After all it's not your fault that storks are so darn ugly. :lol: ) Again I like the one shot of the cattle egrets against a dark background best - that bland overcast sky doesn't make for spectacular shots. Of course my first posting of flying birds at the rookery are going to be white great egrets against a white sky and I'm going to tell you how lovely they are. :roll:

Gordon

I kinda thought the white sky background looked cool. Might make it easy to just "drop in" some old cloudy sky picture I have laying around somewhere. ;) I'm sure I'll be back there pretty soon--when the skies are blue.

Hey, next time you come down we'll have to go to Gatorland's rookery. It has a 3-story platform! It's supposed to be even larger than the Alligator Farm's rookery.

Kevin,

I made it back home for a day, then off on the road again, this time on business without my cam :?

Excellent shots. See, it didn't take long at the rookery to become one of the experts. :wink:

Good stuff Kevin,

You did a good job catching the flying birds.

I did not do well on the flying birds at all.

Oh well.

Flew said:
Excellent shots. See, it didn't take long at the rookery to become one of the experts. :wink:

Hey, with teachers like you, who could go wrong? :wink: Can't wait to get out to some of these places again and practice, practice, practice!

Thanks, Leigh. And to think, prior to this get together, I didn't even like Cattle Egrets. Now seeing them in their breeding plumage, I have a new-found admiration for them. Thanks for commenting!

Gale said:
I did not do well on the flying birds at all.
Oh well.

Well, then. I guess we'll just need to go back out and give it another shot. I don't think I'd ever get tired of shooting these "birdies" (as Flew calls them)

Latest threads

Top Bottom