More from Arches

Still working on post processing all my vacation pictures. I have never really tried sunsets before. Here are a couple of my first attempts. Would love constructive criticism. When shooting these I had no idea what I was doing.

43844511.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 9426

View attachment 9427

Wow Terri! These are spectacular.

My favorite is #1 and the only suggestion I could make would be to straighten out your horizon a bit.

Other than that, frame it!

_/oe

Wow Terri,

You are natural. I would love to see the original of #1. Did you do any shadows / highlights ? The exposure is once again excellent !.

Joe_Lorenzini said:
Wow Terri! These are spectacular.

My favorite is #1 and the only suggestion I could make would be to straighten out your horizon a bit (something many of us struggle with).

Other than that, frame it!

_/oe

Thanks Joe--guess I missed the obvious horizon--although the ground wasn't level there. Thanks for commenting and pointing that out. I will probably frame one of the sunset shots. My husband and I had a very good time relaxing and watching the sunset. I would like to preserve that memory.

Hi Jay

Jay Luto said:
Wow Terri,

You are natural. I would love to see the original of #1. Did you do any shadows / highlights ? The exposure is once again excellent !.

Not a natural--but do love the hobby. I blended to exposures with a layer mask to increase the dynamic range of the picture. I have been using this technique quite a bit the past while. In the original, the landform was really quite dark, although you could see a bit of detail in it.

Thanks for your comments.

I like the first two a lot. The second is my favorite; you captured a great sky, good foreground/shadow detail and wrapped it all up in a nice composition. You should be really proud.

The third one doesn't work as well for me. Although you captured a nice dramatic sky, the silhouetted rocks don't really make a compelling foreground IMHO, and as a result the composition feels incomplete.

Terri, print an 8x10 of each of those images and take them to the local framing shop. Have them matted and framed and ask to hang them in the shop to sell...I can guarantee you someone would be thrilled to have those images on a wall in their home. Those images are absolutely beautiful.

Terri, the one I like the most is 1 followed by 2 and 3. I don't know if you had been luky, but it seem that it is always the same peoples who get lucky.

Latest threads

Top Bottom