More from our vacation to Redfish Lake

We wanted to get an informal picture of our entire family last night after dinner before some of the family had to leave this morning. No one knew we were going to do a photo until a couple of minutes before we did it. So everyone is dirty and messy in their camping clothes. I used snapbridge on my iphone as a remote shutter and it worked really well. None of the kids wanted to do the photo so we asked them to give us 2 minutes. The photo is what it is....real life....with one child totally hiding behind his brother!
_DSC9694.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_DSC9695.jpg

One of today's games was jump off the dock onto the tube.

_DSC9771.jpg

_DSC9822.jpg

_DSC9811.jpg

_DSC9572.jpg

_DSC9862.jpg

I handed off my camera to my son-in-law.
_DSC9624.jpg

I'm loving my Z6. It is a great travel camera.

Last edited:
I wanna see the photos taken by the woman at the end of the pier so we can see Terri taking pictures of the diving kids.

None of the kids wanted to do the photo...The photo is what it is....real life
They will cherish that detail once they get older. When my brother and I were about 12 and 9, respectively, we stayed with our aunt and uncle for a couple weeks. Our aunt insisted that we go to Olan Mills in the Sears store to have a formal portrait made of us so she could surprise our mother with a picture of her two sons. My brother and I did NOT want to dress up. So, my aunt compromised that if we would wear a jacket, shirt and tie, we would be allowed to wear our blue jeans because they wouldn't show in the photo. (This was in the 1950s when nobody wore jeans with a jacket.) They actually did show but not enough to know they were jeans. I've always cherished that detail ever since.

I wanna see the photos taken by the woman at the end of the pier so we can see Terri taking pictures of the diving kids.

They will cherish that detail once they get older. When my brother and I were about 12 and 9, respectively, we stayed with our aunt and uncle for a couple weeks. Our aunt insisted that we go to Olan Mills in the Sears store to have a formal portrait made of us so she could surprise our mother with a picture of her two sons. My brother and I did NOT want to dress up. So, my aunt compromised that if we would wear a jacket, shirt and tie, we would be allowed to wear our blue jeans because they wouldn't show in the photo. (This was in the 1950s when nobody wore jeans with a jacket.) They actually did show but not enough to know they were jeans. I've always cherished that detail ever since.
That woman at the end of the pier is my daughter. I'm in this photo....under the canopy, wrapped in a blanket. It was only about 65 degrees outside and I was quite comfortable all bundled up. Her photo is at a better angle. I just enjoyed sitting in my chair, relaxing and taking photos from there. Love the story about your cherished photo!!
_DSC5572.jpg

Lovely set of images that will bring smiles in years to come. Looks like youv’e got that Z6 dialed in and really seems to suit your style.
Thank you!! I'm really enjoying the Z6. I shot with my Nikon DSLRs as well as an Olympus M4/3 camera for several years. I knew if Nikon ever make a mirrorless that interested me, I would buy it.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom