More from Seabeck - Purple Martins

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Retief, Jun 29, 2007.

1. I have searched for these for 2 years, never got close, then when Jim and I were at Seabeck we find this bunch of Purple Martin houses right next to a Cafe! The shooting was great ...

The Mrs.:
    [​IMG]

The Mr.:
    [​IMG]

The Happy Couple:
    [​IMG]

What came as a surprise to me was the "hint" of blue/purple on the head of the female.

The Mr. says "OUCH, this danged barbed wire HURTS!!!":
    [​IMG]

Somebodies Girfriend on the Wing:
    [​IMG]

2. Bill, there was a colony of PMs on Camano Island this year. . . can't recall the name of the Preserve right now but could probably come up with it if you like.

3. Bill you've got some very cool shots here. Looks like you were right on top of them. I've yet to get one of these little guys in flight, I'm just not quick enough I guess.

4. Great sequence Bill

Thanks for sharing

Lil

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very good on the little birdies

6. Let me know if you remember, I was really surprised at how pretty these birds are.

Thanks, Louie, we WERE right on top of them, maybe 10-15 feet, it was pretty amazgin. Luck helps a lot on these BIFs, that's for sure.

Thanks, Lil and Gale. I think we often forget that there are things other than Big Birds out there :wink:

7. Good shooting Bill. How is you summer going? It has not arrived here yet...

8. Rory what is summer???

9. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Very nice bill especially the flight shots.

10. Those are some real winners Bill