More from the bathroom...

Some more from my "studio" work this past weekend. It's still over 100 degrees here (35 days straight and counting). Actually it's been in the 1-teens for most of that time, you know 111, 112, 113 and up. So no outdoors shooting. But monsoon seems to have arrived with a vengeance tonight. It was an awesome light show. The whole valley was full of lightning. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me. No doubt there'll be a repeat show soon though. But I digress. Here are some more shots from this weekend. Just processed them late last night.

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

original.jpg

And here's the last one in b&w too, I liked it that way too:

original.jpg

Any and all comments welcome.

Dave

Dave, you must be a pbase customer. I can see some of your shots some of the time. :?

What I can see though, I like. You have a pretty good set-up there. What is that plant?

Pbase indeed...

I am, in fact, a Pbase customer. I find that if you keep refreshing the post, different pics will show up. Sometimes even all of them. As for the plant, the top two shots are of a flower that was labeled as ginger. Actually it was ginger "something scientific", but I don't remember what the something scientific was. The other shots are of a flower known as the rattlesnake.

Dave

Dave:

Very nice! What lens are you using? Pbase seems to be having some problems, but I was able to see 3 of the 4 images. I really like that first one, particularly the color and the DOF.

28-105 w/macro function

I was using the Nikkor 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5D with the macro function. It's a pretty inexpensive lens, but I've always really like the results. Pretty sharp, and very versatile. Only a 1:2 (or is it 2:1 I can't really remember, whichever is half-size) reproduction, but with the crop factor on my D100 it gets closer to 1:1.

Dave

Latest threads

Top Bottom