More from the Detroit Zoo

Discussion in 'Birds' started by dbirdsong, Jul 28, 2005.

1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I posted some pictures from my trip to the Detroit Zoo on Sunday earlier this week. Well I had to go back today because when I paid on Sunday there didn't return my credit card to me.
    So I decided to give my latest addition to my bad out, a Sigma 2x HMS EX TC on my Sigma 70-200 F2.8.
    It was a lot over cast today so I had to use a higher ISO than I really wanted to, but I am very pleased with the results.
    Here are a few pictures from my 2 hours at the zoo before work today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nice shots, Dave, but it's about that pathetic excuse to go back to shoot more pics???!!! Surely you can come up with something better than "I think I left my card there"??? *LOL* Looks like your 2X TC is working out well. At first glance, I thought the anteater was a silverback gorilla.... *LOL* Getting late and the eyes are tired.

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I wish it was just an excuse... I went to the store with my daughter that night and went to pay and I couldn't.. I had to borrow the money from the kid at 50% interest.. (She wants to be a loan shark when she grows up... Oh wait make that a lawyer...) :)

I am very pleased with the results considering I was hand holding the lens too.. 600mm at anywhere from 1/500 to 1/1000
    Only a few shots showed movement.

Dave

4. in1way

in1way Guest

600mm and high ISO, these shots are very nice Dave. Love that Tiger!

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice Dave. I really like the Tiger and the Anteater.

6. mfrank123

mfrank123 Guest

great shots, love the first one and there is nothing wrong with going back to the zoo :)