More from the duck pond..

Discussion in 'Birds' started by cknight, May 7, 2005.

1. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    These are a few of my pics from the sort of famous duck pond with Flew and Fred. Overall, I was pretty pleased with them. These were taken with a D70 and 70-300D lens. I think I need to start using A priority mode and stop the lens down some - it seems a little soft wide open.

This guy kept on sticking his nose up. I'm glad he stayed in the water. It's a copperhead (I think)..
    DSC_0766web.

Baby duck..
    DSC_0773web.

My best honker action shot..
    DSC_0778web.

Mallard..
    DSC_0842web.

Flew let me borrow his 70-200VR..
    [​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Chris,

These are really good!! You need to come back in the morning and shoot with Greg (and maybe Patrick) and I. You can see how much fun it is.

Great first pond post. :wink:

3. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Thanks Frank. I doubt I'll make it in the morning. But I look forward to the next time.

4. Nice shots Chris. Good thing that copperhead stayed in the water. Very dangerous. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

5. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Chris those are some nice shots. Man do I hate snakes on the water. Something is just wrong with a snake slithering on top of the water.

6. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    nice shots Chris. Sorry I missed ya yesterday. The only thing worse than a snake in the water is being in there with him and loose track of him.