1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

More from Yellowstone

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by DW Brewer, Oct 4, 2008.

1. DW Brewer

DW Brewer Guest

Here three more images from Yellowstone. Old Faithful is a must see, so here's an image of that icon. Morning Glory Pool is a 2 mile walk from Old Faithful, but I consider it to be a must see also. It has cooled considerably from four years ago; it used to be a deeper blue (indicative of a hotter temp), but now it is somewhat greenish. Norris Geyser Basin from the overlook is a small version of what Dante's Inferno must be like. On a cold morning the steam mixes in with fog and clouds to give off a hellish appearance. It must be remembered that the Cauldera beneath Yellowstone is still active, powering all the geothermal activity. This geyser basin is one of active vents, hence all the steam activity.

Old Faithful
    -
    104013202.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Morning Glory Pool
    -
    104063743.jpg

Norris Geyser Basin
    -
    104013198.jpg

2. Nice captures... you aren't kidding Morning Glory has cooled down. Hard to believe that it's not so blue anymore... doesn't look like a morning glory much now :frown:

3. Great color results:smile:

4. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Excellent! Yellowstone is one of my favorite spots! Your photos are delightful!

5. Nice series, David. I love the color on the second one.

6. Very nice David. Yellowstone is a great place to visit for sure.

7. Nice captures!

I especially like the Morning Glory pool. The colors are excellent.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.