More fun with AHB

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by DianeR, Nov 22, 2005.

1. I picked up a beautiful pot of very large Mums that have brilliant orange, yellow and red petals - and immediately thought they'd make a wonderful model sooooo, here's what I came up with - sort of reminded me of Ray's wild and colorful style! It's not perfect and will continue working on it but wanted to share. :smile:

AHB is Art History Brush, and used different layers and modes to finish up with this version.

Attached Files:

2. Oooh, very colorful, Diane. I can see why you wanted to give this a try. The colors are perfect for Thanksgiving. Will these mums be decorating your holiday table?

Virginia

3. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Diane

Hi Diane

I love what you have done here - just gorgeous.

Never used or thought to use AHB.

How do you use it please....do you make changes and then paint back in???

All the best

Ray

4. Nice one Diane...hard to decide between this and the Christmas Cactus...:confused:

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very beautiful Diane.
    You are such a good artist :>))

6. These Mums are SO vibrant and colorful - haven't seen any quite like these before. And found them at the grocery store! They are adding quite a bit of color on my dining room table!

7. Boy, I'll figure out how to do things right in this forum one of these days! Meant this reply for Virginia:rolleyes:
    These Mums are SO vibrant and colorful - haven't seen any quite like these before. And found them at the grocery store! They are adding quite a bit of color on my dining room table!

8. Ray, if you go back to my thread about the Christmas Cactus, I posted the tutorial on one way to use the Art History Brush - that'll get you started and I think you would really enjoy giving that a try. Can definitely get some amazing results as I'm sure you've seen over at Trimoon's site (www.trimoon.com). He's the one who is the Master at this. And thank you for your compliment - it is a lot of fun and I get to pretend I'm an "artist" for a few minutes when I truly can't draw the side of a barn or even a stick figure!!

9. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Thanks Diane

Will have alook.

Best wishes

Ray