More Kayak action

148337123-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

148356446-L-1.jpg

148340960-L-1.jpg

148372264-L-1.jpg

148238191-L.jpg

148355223-L-1.jpg

C

cupowater

very sharp, looks good.

this might sound really dumb but is that man made river?? In pic 4 the side looks man made...

Jake the river is not man made but the course is. They recently opened an Olympic training Center here in Charlotte so the athletes don't have to train overseas.

G

Gr8Tr1x

I liek them Eric. I like the tight crop on the first one. That river is calling you name man. I'll stand on the bank and shoot your action foto!

Thnxs Jeff. Right on the banks of the course. I just chose a spot where I wasn't shooting into the sun.

After I asked, I saw your post about the 400 2.8. (duh..!) I thought at first you were out there with them. The images were so detailed and sharp. It literally looks like you were out there in the water, not on the bank.
I guess that's the point.:smile:

After I asked, I saw your post about the 400 2.8. (duh..!) I thought at first you were out there with them. The images were so detailed and sharp. It literally looks like you were out there in the water, not on the bank.
I guess that's the point.:smile:

The way the course works they Kayakers are actually doing some 360 degree turns so sometimes they were actually moving right towards me..

Eric:

Great action, super sharp, well done. #1 is terrific. I've gotta get myself one of those big guns!

Did you use D-Lighting in PP to recover some shadows? #4 in particular looks like the results I get with D-Lighting and I'm trying to grow used to the look.

wembley

Great job on these, Eric. #1 in particular is a classic "sportrait".

As a former white water boater, I've got to point out that only the guy using a double bladed paddle is a kayaker. The ones using single-bladed paddles are in decked canoes; single-paddler boats are usually called C-1's and the two-paddler boats are C-2's. All the C-boaters will tell you that their craft require much more skill than a mere kayak. :wink:

Great job on these, Eric. #1 in particular is a classic "sportrait".

As a former white water boater, I've got to point out that only the guy using a double bladed paddle is a kayaker. The ones using single-bladed paddles are in decked canoes; single-paddler boats are usually called C-1's and the two-paddler boats are C-2's. All the C-boaters will tell you that their craft require much more skill than a mere kayak. :wink:

Dave I honestly have no clue about the sport but it does look cool and takes great skill. I think in my first post I mentioned it was canoe/kayak but I had know idea which was which..

Eric:

Great action, super sharp, well done. #1 is terrific. I've gotta get myself one of those big guns!

Did you use D-Lighting in PP to recover some shadows? #4 in particular looks like the results I get with D-Lighting and I'm trying to grow used to the look.

wembley

I did actually used the same settings on every picture. I had 8gb's of pics and just did a batch run on all of them. D lighting and USm and saved as jpeg's. It was the first time I used it. I don't see an obviosu look but maybe after I use it more I'll get used to it. It was impossible in teh brightest sun. with white vest, on teh water to not get some bad shadows..

Latest threads

Top Bottom