More Lake Tahoe/Truckee

Hi Folks:

A few other remaining shots from my Lake Tahoe/Truckee/Donner stay. There's a few different moods and styles here so I divided them into three series. Some are just fun shots, some others are ones I would work toward a print. Any thoughts on any of them would be greatly appreciated.

1) Truckee/Donner
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2) Truckee/Donner

3) South Lake Tahoe

4) South Lake Tahoe

Thanks for looking,

N

These are from a remains of the day approach:

5) North Lake Tahoe

6) North Lake Tahoe

7) Truckee in the Rain

Thanks for looking,

N

Finally, a couple of BW conversions:

8)

9)

Thanks!

N

Alex, thanks for the thoughts. The first two I definitely wanted darkish. I can probably lighten some parts, especially the first one toward the middle, but my processing was towards a faeryworlds dark look. That's a bit strange for me, but I figured I'd be playful with those! : )

Thanks again,

N

Very nice captures. I really like the cumulonimbus clouds over the lake. What did you use to carve the "Love" in the tree? Monopod?

Roger, David, thanks for the kind words. David, we made it back safely and had a lot of fun driving 395 North, and then 97 to Bend, OR. We stayed in Bend all of next day and had a great time. Now back home and settling down. : )

Roger, that shot of the tree is a bit funny. It so happens that my oldest son and his girlfriend spent some time with us at Lake Tahoe and as we were driving in through the South Lake Tahoe area their car broke down. So we pulled into this parking lot area and this was the tree right in front of were we parked. It already had the "Love" carved on it -- it must have been recent because it looks newish. In any case, we had to wait there while a tow truck came, and I kept staring at that tree and the "love." Finally, I figured I'd take the shot -- it just spoke to me at the moment given all that was taking place. :)

Thanks again,

N

Superb shots that well convey the "mood" of the area. I helped my best friend move from SC to Truckee in '98. He lived above Dave's Ski Shop for the first year. We took 48 hours to drive his 15 year old Toyota pickup with everything he owned in it. It started to overheat about 100 miles from the NV/CA border, so we kept stopping to put water in it. It got us there and gave up it's ghost! What I remember of that trip is quite nice! :) I spent 8 days there day hiking, eating, drinking, and experiencing the "local culture". Some of the nicest people and most beautiful scenery I've ever experienced anywhere!

Jerry, Blue, Ryan, thanks for the comments. Ryan, that "Love" tree was pretty nifty, and yes, I'm sure it meant a lot to whomever carved it. : )

Thanks,

N

Great series. No. 2 I really like, but 5 takes the cake for me. Fabulous juxtaposition, color, comp, lighting, etc. Spectacular!

Steve

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom