More Miami Beach at night

Real Name
Alex
All shot with D300 + 28/2.8 AI and a tripod

603129173_ekWHU-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1/5 - f/5.6

603129179_uRxHD-O.jpg

1/3 - f/2.8
Don't ask about the name. It's weird, but the place is good.

603129205_vuPr5-O.jpg

1/10 - f/4

603129110_qT65Z-O.jpg

1/4 - f/2.8

603129154_pvUUv-O.jpg

1/4 - f/4

Nice shots - since you're in Miami - have you ever been to Lime Fresh Mexican Grill?

My buddies little brother owns and operates them :)

Very nice Alex. I was in Watson Island two weeks ago, near the port of Miami, shooting the Miami skyline with Fuji Superia film and my Nikon F. Beautiful vistas from there looking straight out and to the side toward the building of The Miami Herald.
Another beautiful area at night is around Ponce de Leon in Coral Gables. I always say I am going to go there but have not made it yet.
I like your shots. They are colorful and well exposed.
I am surprised you did not do any shooting in South Beach though. This shot is from near the port.

851690-R1-03-33A.jpg

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

Real Name
Alex
Very nice Alex. I was in Watson Island two weeks ago, near the port of Miami, shooting the Miami skyline with Fuji Superia film and my Nikon F. Beautiful vistas from there looking straight out and to the side toward the building of The Miami Herald.
Another beautiful area at night is around Ponce de Leon in Coral Gables. I always say I am going to go there but have not made it yet.
I like your shots. They are colorful and well exposed.
I am surprised you did not do any shooting in South Beach though. This shot is from near the port.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

Thanks William. I did post South Beach last week:
https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=236926

That spot you showed, I'd love to do at night but am looking for backup. I would not be so sure going there alone at night with equipment. With a group, yes. I'd like to shoot from under the last bridge in the causeway, right before the Herald Bld. Done it during the day but never at night.

Last weekend I shot Brickell at night, with the Shoot Miami photogroup (will post soon).

I haven't done the Gables at night. If you want we could meet there some time and do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex, thank you for your invitation to photograph in Coral Gables. Beginning in September it will be a little cooler and then I will give you a call.
Do not fear Watson Island. I was there with my son but if I happen to go alone it would have been safe also. People go there to fish while others enjoy the scenery. No problems at all. Obviously, you do not want to be there by midnight!
I found a gentleman that lives there and cares for the place. He was very kind with us and I gave him a tip. He told me to return when I want and to see him..
Sorry I miss your South Beach pictures but I thank you for the link.

William.

Real Name
Alex
Alex, thank you for your invitation to photograph in Coral Gables. Beginning in September it will be a little cooler and then I will give you a call.
Do not fear Watson Island. I was there with my son but if I happen to go alone it would have been safe also. People go there to fish while others enjoy the scenery. No problems at all. Obviously, you do not want to be there by midnight!
I found a gentleman that lives there and cares for the place. He was very kind with us and I gave him a tip. He told me to return when I want and to see him..
Sorry I miss your South Beach pictures but I thank you for the link.

William.

I do not fear Watson Island. I do fear to be under the I-395 easternmost bridge at night with expensive equipment. I've been there during the day, but would not do so alone after dark in that place.

B

Bright Angel

Good shots and nicely illuminated :smile:

Why aren't the culinary delights for the World famous bistro "McDonald's" displayed :confused: :biggrin:

Latest threads

Top Bottom