More New Mexico wildflowers

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Pa, Jul 8, 2007.

1. These were taken on the third (and last) morning of the Ron Reznick workshop on the "ski hill" above Los Alamos. Lenses used were the 105VR macro (on loan from RR) or the 50/1.8.

#1 Mountain parsley

#2 Wild iris and mountain parsley

#3 Western wallflower

#4 Shrubby potentilla

#5 Chiming bells and Canada violets

#6 Finally, a simple aspen grove I really liked

I'm sure Ron wouldn't be too excited by my composition on these, but at least I think the exposure and focus are pretty good.
  2. Nice work, Jim. I especially like #2. Is a dedicated macro lens in your future? :smile:
  3. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very pretty images
  4. I like em Jim, especially the aspen grove
  5. I think the aspen grove in neat, too. I enjoyed every one of the images. Nice job!
  6. Thanks, Dave. I had an older Tamron SP 90 MF, but was a bit disappointed in it - I could get better images with my 50/1.8. The 105VR is top-notch, but a bit much for carrying along on long hikes. Ron did tempt me with his older 55 AIS, though.
  7. Thanks, folks. I almost didn't post the aspens as too mundane. Glad to see someone else likes them.
  8. tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Beautiful shots.
  9. love the aspen photo
  10. _Jorge_

Jul 3, 2007
    Nice series. #1 and last one are my favorites.
  11. Thanks for the nice comments, folks. I would be happy to hear critiques also.
  12. Nice series Jim. Wish we could do it all over again.