More of Bob's Bird photos.

I know that there a lot of superb bird photographers who are members of the cafe who take birds in flight, but I thought that I would share a few of my efforts with you all.
Please note my technique is somewhat different. I am trying to capture birds that are not usually shown in this position and look especially at pictures 3 and 4. These birds are in fact diving and it is this part of their flight that came as a BIG BIG surprise. I have since learnt from hours and hours of observation that diving is a very very common part of their flight pattern.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A Jay about to land.

A Magpie in flight.

A Jay in the latter part of a dive and it is about to pull out of same.

This is a typical Magpie's diving position. Wings closed and going like the 'clappers.'

Again my thanks to Janet Zinn. Hope you enjoy them.
Best wishes. Bob F.

Pretty good flight shots Bob. Pretty good behavior study too. :wink:

Regards,

Frank

Really like all of your flight shots. Good job on small birds. They are tough to shoot.

Especially like the beautiful color in the first one. Like the angle and showing off of the beauty of the bird.

Good work.

Bob, I would not expect this kind of images from a dedicated wedding (oops :oops: ), sorry, macro photog.
These flight studies are very unusual.
I once tried to shoot smaller birds and utterly failed. Since that time all good bird photogs have my .... (missing a word here)... admiration.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom