More of Bob's Bird photos.

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Bob the Spiderman, Apr 9, 2005.

1. I know that there a lot of superb bird photographers who are members of the cafe who take birds in flight, but I thought that I would share a few of my efforts with you all.
    Please note my technique is somewhat different. I am trying to capture birds that are not usually shown in this position and look especially at pictures 3 and 4. These birds are in fact diving and it is this part of their flight that came as a BIG BIG surprise. I have since learnt from hours and hours of observation that diving is a very very common part of their flight pattern.

[​IMG]

A Jay about to land.

[​IMG]

A Magpie in flight.

[​IMG]

A Jay in the latter part of a dive and it is about to pull out of same.

[​IMG]

This is a typical Magpie's diving position. Wings closed and going like the 'clappers.'

Again my thanks to Janet Zinn. Hope you enjoy them.
    Best wishes. Bob F.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Pretty good flight shots Bob. Pretty good behavior study too. :wink:

Regards,

Frank

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Really like all of your flight shots. Good job on small birds. They are tough to shoot.

Especially like the beautiful color in the first one. Like the angle and showing off of the beauty of the bird.

Good work.

4. Nice color and images. Great idea of yours. Will hve to study the birds in our area now to see their habits.

Gil

5. To capture small birds in flight takes skill and knowledge. You have exhibited both with these fine images.

6. Bob, I would not expect this kind of images from a dedicated wedding (oops :oops: ), sorry, macro photog.
    These flight studies are very unusual.
    I once tried to shoot smaller birds and utterly failed. Since that time all good bird photogs have my .... (missing a word here)... admiration.