More of New York City (broadband)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by RFCGRAPHICS, Jun 14, 2007.

1. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Just some new images from the New York Metropolitan Area.

Dancing in Central Park - nikkor 12-24 (click for larger image)
    original.

Watch Your Back ! - nikkor 12-24, 3 image panorama
    original.

Vado Velocemente - nikkor 12-24 (click for larger image)
    original.

NYPD - nikkor 12-24
    original.

Moto - nikkor 35-70
    original.

The Book - nikkor 70-200
    original.

Liberty State Park - nikkor 35-70 (click for larger image)
    original.

1 -USS The Sullivans : Aegis Guided Missle Destroyer - nikkor 70-200 (click for larger image)
    original.

2-USS The Sullivans : Aegis Guided Missle Destroyer - nikkor 70-200 (click for larger image)
    original.

Lunchtime in Bryant Park - nikkor 35-70, 4 image panorama (click for larger image)
    View attachment 100767

Lunchtime in Bryant Park 2 - nikkor 35-70, 3 row 30 image panorama (click for larger image)
    original.

New York Public Library - nikkor 35-70, 2 row 18 image panorama (click for larger image)
    original.

New York Public Library 2 - nikkor 35-70, 4 row 20 image panorama (click for larger image)
    original.

Jersey City and Manhattan- nikkor 12-24 13 image panorama(click for larger image)
    original.

Regards

RFC

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2007
  2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Oh wow Robert! I always look forward to seeing your photographs. These are certainly some fine ones, especially the panoramas. I cannot tell they are panos except for the aspect ratio.

I especially like your two photos of the USS The Sullivans. Back in the 80's I was in the R&D group that put together the aegis fiber-guided missiles. It's cool to see where my stuff has ended up!

3. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

your NYC stuff is always a treat Robert. But from a cultural point of view, I find it interesting how much space New Yorkers allow between themselves at an outdoor event. Over here with such an Asian influence, a comparable event would be shoulder to shoulder. Interesting.

4. murreywalker

murreywalker

Mar 25, 2005
    Outstanding work, Robert!

What kind of equipment are you using for the multi row pannos?

TIA

5. Fantastic as usual Robert. How on earth do you manage to get 20 image panoramas with no "double people" in them ?

Ronnie

6. matthew.paul

matthew.paul Guest

Wow! These are all fantastic! I am really impressed with those panos. I really enjoyed the series and hope to see some more.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Many wonderful images again

8. Nice work Robert!

Anthony

9. Just outstanding!

Your images are just outsanding!
    Congratulations and keep posting please!

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

10. DABO

DABO

Jan 13, 2006
    Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a pano taken FROM the Statue of Liberty.

DAB

11. I think the last one is taken from New Jersey rather than Liberty Island. Ellis Island would be in the way otherwise.

Ronnie

12. Beautiful series. Thanks for sharing.

13. mkawa

mkawa

Apr 25, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I'm loving #3. Good stuff!

14. Always a treat to see your work, Robert.

I wondered the same thing.

15. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Thanks for sharing! Great shots to say the least.

16. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Thanks Chris for the kind words. The Sullivans was a big surprise. I was about to pack up the equipment and in came The Sullivans. They stopped in front of the world financial center for about 10 minutes, did a quick 180 turn and sail away. That ship was very cool looking :)

Thanks BigPixel for taking the time to comment. I think in NYC we are so accustomed to being shoulder to shoulder on the busy streets, we tend to enjoy some personal space when its available.
    Hi Murreywalker, all the multirow panoramas were handheld. I just use the viewfinder grids and focus boxes to line things up. The software PTgui takes care of everything else. Thanks for the compliments.

Hi Ronnie, when are you coming back to NYC ? I made a simple tutorial on panoramas with people and post processing a few months ago. You can see it here...http://rfcgraphics.com/Ptgui/tutorialptgui.html Thanks for the kind comments :)

Thank you Matthew Paul :)

Hi Gale,
    As you well know, I hide all my rejects and only post the good ones :) Thanks for the kind words

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2007
  17. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Dabo,
    That pano was taken from Liberty State Park in Jersey City. Here is a 360 view from where I was standing.
    I will have to return when the skies are nicer. Thanks for the comments.

original.

QTVR link http://rfcgraphics.com/newvrpage/libertystatepark.html

Yes Ron you are correct and you dont even live here ROFL

Thanks Sexfoxfla for the kind words

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2007
  18. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Thank you Mkawa

Thank you Dave Dickerson. As to the people in panoramas, its all in the software and post processing. Here is a link to a simple tutorial ... http://rfcgraphics.com/Ptgui/tutorialptgui.html

Thanks Zee71

19. Excellent tutorial, Robert!

20. DABO

DABO

Jan 13, 2006
    Huh. I've actually been to Liberty State Park and taken panos there (not as good as yours, RFC). The distortion is confusing. I was thinking of this view, so when I didn't see the Statue of Liberty, I thought you were on it:

DAB