More Pretty birdies! (4 photos)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by cajun angel, May 19, 2007.

1. I love going to Hagerman! No matter how many times we go up there, we see something different every time! I did most of my shooting from the van with my camera propped up on a wildlife bean bag. I love that thing! Between mxmark wanting the camera, kids wiggling and shaking the van, I had a hard time with photos, but hey, we had fun!

Tri-colored bunting (sorry they're heavily cropped)
    505305121_476403e170_o.

View attachment 96430

I'm especially proud of these 2!!!!

Dickcissel
    View attachment 96431

View attachment 96432

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2007
  2. very nice, Dianne. You do have very beautiful birds there.

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Congrats Dianne, I especially like the second two images. What a pretty birdy.

4. Thanks Phil! IF you ever visit Texas, we'll be happy to take you up there! This place is sooo amazing! I never tire of it!

Thanks Frank! The kids were shaking the van alot and I was just plain lucky to get what I did! That dickcissel is a bird that Sschex told me about once. I never dreamed I'd get one!

5. Really nice shots, Dianne. I love the way you choose to isolate them against the sky.....just makes their colorings that much more vivid.

6. Those are great Dianne

7. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Way to go Dianne! I love them all and am very jealous of your Painted Bunting!

8. Thanks Harry! Actually the background being the sky is just plain LUCK! I just wish my lens had been longer on the little bunting. That was one heavy crop!

Thanks, Gary! It was fun just getting out of the house!

Thanks Glacier! I would have missed it if my hubby hadn't noticed it first! AND it was on MY side of the road, so I got the shot! LOL! If you're ever in the area, we'll have to take ya up there! It's almost like a photographer's candy store! ANother note on the bunting - I had only seen them in books, to see one for myself and actually know what it was - just WOW!

9. These are really good Dianne, especially the last two!

10. Thanks! That little dickcissel was singing his little heart out for me! He performed perfectly! :wink: I was surprised that he landed so closely and then to burst out in his song! That was the icing on the cake for us!

11. Very nice Dianne!

12. Thanks Frits! I wanna go back! In fact, I wish I could just go up there for a week - camp out in a nearby place and just shoot to my heart's content! LOL, in that case, I might not ever come home! :wink::rolleyes::biggrin: