More Pretty birdies! (4 photos)

I love going to Hagerman! No matter how many times we go up there, we see something different every time! I did most of my shooting from the van with my camera propped up on a wildlife bean bag. I love that thing! Between mxmark wanting the camera, kids wiggling and shaking the van, I had a hard time with photos, but hey, we had fun!

Tri-colored bunting (sorry they're heavily cropped)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 96430

I'm especially proud of these 2!!!!

Dickcissel
View attachment 96431

View attachment 96432

Last edited by a moderator:
very nice, Dianne. You do have very beautiful birds there.
Thanks Phil! IF you ever visit Texas, we'll be happy to take you up there! This place is sooo amazing! I never tire of it!

Congrats Dianne, I especially like the second two images. What a pretty birdy.
Thanks Frank! The kids were shaking the van alot and I was just plain lucky to get what I did! That dickcissel is a bird that Sschex told me about once. I never dreamed I'd get one!

Really nice shots, Dianne. I love the way you choose to isolate them against the sky.....just makes their colorings that much more vivid.
Thanks Harry! Actually the background being the sky is just plain LUCK! I just wish my lens had been longer on the little bunting. That was one heavy crop!

Those are great Dianne
Thanks, Gary! It was fun just getting out of the house!

Way to go Dianne! I love them all and am very jealous of your Painted Bunting!
Thanks Glacier! I would have missed it if my hubby hadn't noticed it first! AND it was on MY side of the road, so I got the shot! LOL! If you're ever in the area, we'll have to take ya up there! It's almost like a photographer's candy store! ANother note on the bunting - I had only seen them in books, to see one for myself and actually know what it was - just WOW!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom