More pricing help!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShaunK, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Situation: The owner of a local company that sells outdoor lighting equipment gets lots of questions by contractors if he knows any photographers who would take pictures of their lighting jobs upon completion. He wants me to get together some sample pictures so when he recommends me, the contractors will have some examples of my work. They will then contact me independently of him to arrange a photo shoot.
    Question: Is there a standard pricing structure for this type of work? I know it depends upon desired output. If you have time, give me prices you would charge for 1.) Internet usage: Let's assume for now up to a set number of pictures as a package, delivered ready for Internet. 2.) Printed brochure: I would definitely require publication credits, but beyond that, I have no idea about pricing. 3.) Personal portfolio: They want the pictures printed, let's say 8x10 to put in a portfolio they then show to customers.
    I think these three situations represent a fair majority of what will be asked of my pictures. Can anyone help? Thanks so much!!!

2. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    Brochure: up to 1,000 copies, average prices, 1/4 page=$300, full page=$450. Web page $100>$300/image. Sales portfolio photos about $200 ea. You might find that small, local contractors will balk at these prices, but you have to realize if they are using your photos to get more business, and if that business is valuable to them, they will pay.

3. Thanks, Steve. And yes, they might balk at the prices, but I'll remind them that some of their customers balk at being charged over $100 to install just one light!!! :biggrin: I'm really hoping that I don't have to put the portfolio together for them as well, I'm hoping just to provide the pictures/final prints/final Cd's, and that's what I want to base the pricing on... But I guess I have to consider that they might want me to to the whole thing. :smile: