More PSCS trickery than you can shake a stick at...

This photograph...

42789059.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

shows the River Aire (which was crucial to the development and growth of Leeds as a major city) as it passes under Crown Point Bridge.

The same pic with the "watercolour treatment"...

View attachment 8179

and now with a Hayes Island lookalike effect...

View attachment 8180

and my favourite, using Sheri's Sketch action - which you can download from http://www.atncentral.com ...

View attachment 8181

I really like the last one. Neat effect. I will have to try it. My wife wanted me to do some "watercolor" prints for an upcoming charity auction, I think I will try this instead. Thanks for the info and nice photo :D

Clive, thank you for showing us your Photo shop talents. I like experimenting in PS too. I think it's good to show others ways Photoshop tricks can help to make us more creative.

Virginia
aka beaucamera

Real Name
Chris
Those are neato Clive - Thanks! I'm gonna go get the sketch action and play with it right now. (well, I'll wait until I get home actually, but virtiually right now. ;)

Clive Love the effects.

Now.....for a bit off topic. I am new here, and thanx for the being made feel welcome. I noticed that you are across the pond, as we say. You look, as I am, to be from the era of GREAT Rock and Roll......so......

What do you hear of the Cream Reunion at Royal Albert Hall! Eric and the Boys can still bring it from what I've read. What do you hear?

Cheers from KC

beaucamera said:
Clive, thank you for showing us your Photo shop talents. I like experimenting in PS too. I think it's good to show others ways Photoshop tricks can help to make us more creative.

Thanks, Virginia.

In truth, all I did after taking and preparing the original image (slight crop, USM 20 50 0, adjusting histogram in Levels) was to run a series of actions that owe their effectiveness to the creativity and willingness to share of others.

But. as you say, it's good to see just how images can be manipulated and to harness the community spirit.

I really have not played around much with the Photoshop "alteration thingies", but I really like what you have done with #2 and #4.

F15Todd said:
I really have not played around much with the Photoshop "alteration thingies", but I really like what you have done with #2 and #4.

Hi, Todd. Number 4 is my personal favourite too. I also like 2 - but most people who I have talked to seem to like that one least.

Playing around with the "alteration thingies" is great fun and sometimes, just sometimes, you can hit upon a result worth keeping. And, very occasionally, one worth framing. I think I might just see how #4 looks in a simple black frame.

Real Name
Chris
kccheers said:
What do you hear of the Cream Reunion at Royal Albert Hall! Eric and the Boys can still bring it from what I've read. What do you hear?

Cream?!?!? And here I'm thinking Radiohead is oldies. I almost remember Cream - if you hum a few bars it might trigger a flashback. :shock:

Mike said:
Can these actions be use in ps elements 3?

I'm not sure about that, Mike.

But if you go to the Action Central site (link in first post) I think that the Sheri's Sketch action is available in several incarnations for different versions of Adobe programs.

Oh Dear I remember...lolol

Like your playing around in Photoshop "thingies"

Excellent image for all those treatments. Can't say I like one more than the other. They all stand on thier own.

Thank You for sharing.

I also use action central. The gurus in the retouching forum are great folks.

I also play in the Thingies. Great fun as you said, and sometime hit on a real winner. I did one last week and it was a keeper for a change.

I wil get it resized etc and post it.

I had it printed. Looks good. Got good feedback on it.

Gale the artist, LOLOLOL

Latest threads

Top Bottom