More Raptors from Oshkosh

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Doodlebugger John, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2007
  2. I seem to be having a bit of a problem posting photos. Looks like I have some learning to do.
    Until I get it figured out, here is a link to my B2 and F22 photos at pbase.
    Any pointers on how I can fix my posting errors would be appreciated.

http://www.pbase.com/doodlebugger/oshkosh_2007_b2_f22

John

3. These shots look very good John. I've used pretty much the same camera settings on my shots but I only have a 300mm.

I'm still looking to get that "perfectly" framed shot of an F22.

I'm curious to see a large version of these shots (1600x1200 or above) and see if the 80-400 is able to get the details on the skin of the plane.

4. Pete,
    Thanks for the comments.
    I have the 70-300VR, but decided that I wanted a bit more reach and bit the bullet to get the 80-400 before going to Oshkosh. I am glad I did, but it took a couple of days to get used to it. I did crop selectively on most of the pics, but am well satisfied with the lens quality.
    If you are interested, I would send a original of any of the images you are interested in so that you can see the capabilities.
    I previously had a 80-400 OS Sigma, but it was stolen along with my pickup early this spring. I couldn't locate a replacement in time, but now I am pleased enough with the Nikon to be satisfied.

John

5. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Super shots John

My raptor pics from last year were just awful grey foggy skies, and I just couldn't stay until saturday afternoon this year, was hoping for thrusday and friday shots, and of course the rain TR and FR along with the accident took care of any opportunites,

Nice job on the shots, isn't the D200 just a great camera for this, I still like it as well as the D2XS and actually better I think because of the wide focus area I use with the D200.

Don't know why you can't link,
    your image, last one worked for a bit then stopped, trying again
    original.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2007
  6. Thanks Wade.
    I had only planned on staying through Friday, but given the rain and accident, I decided to stay for the Saturday show. I had driven 1200 miles from a job site in Oklahoma.
    I have many shots to go through and will be posting a few more I'm sure. I'm sure my trouble posting is something simple.
    I just need to catch up on some work first.
    I was actually surprised that the B 2 shots turned out as well as they did. I expected more gray blob shots. This was my first airshow since I got my D200 and I really like the metering better than my old KM 7D.
    John

7. Love that last shot. Great detail.