1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

More Rose-breasted Grosbeaks

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Glacier, May 5, 2007.

1. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    I was extremely fortunate this year to have around a dozen of these in my yard for five days. I haven't seen a single one today so I guess they have moved on. Keep an eye out Flew, they may be headed your way!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Great serie, Andy. Beautifully taken and excellent composition.

3. BirdLady

BirdLady

Jan 8, 2006
    Alabama
    Great shots, Andy. I still have a little over 20.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2007
  4. Baxter

Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    Beautiful shots Andy. The first one is darn near perfect.

5. Andy these shots are so perfect that they almost look like stuff birds you placed on a branch! Great job! What camera, flash and lens did you use? Your EXIF data was removed.

Thanks, Anthony

6. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Thanks for looking!

Thanks!

Thank you!

Mine are probably in your yard now.:tongue:

Thank you very much. Glad you liked them.

Thank you very much Anthony! That's nice to hear. I work at it and miss a lot of shots but every now and then it all comes together. I use a 300/4 lens with 1.4 converter and shoot from a blind or natural camouflage such as a bush or a tree with low branches. If you don't make any sudden or animated movements the birds will usually accept your presence after a while. I also use a feeder setup where I can control as many variables as possible such as background etc. My shooting time is very limited so I have to maximize my chances for success. Mostly in the afternoons somewhere in my neighborhood is where I do most of my springtime photography. My neighbors think I'm nuts!

7. Wow! These are sooo nice. The first on is an instant classic. Excellent!

Jose

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent shots Andy. I've seen a handful of males and females, but not as many as last year. I hope that they are headed this way. :smile:

9. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Thanks Jose, very kind of you to say.

I hope they head your way too Frank. Sounds like you need a little stress relief.

10. There you go, they are perfect!

11. HappyFish

HappyFish

Oct 19, 2006
    I had two show up at my feeder today. Act very wild and did not get a shot.

12. Just got to them, Another outstanding set Andy

You have a way of making photography Art.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.