More Sea Cloud II - Views From The Bow

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by bobhoge, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Since I have had several comments on the Sea Cloud II photos, here are a few more.

The bow of the ship is usually off limits when underway as there are a lot of lines there, but if you ask the Captain he will let you go up their to take photos one person at at time.

All D-100 18-70@18mm
    Here is a fellow Nikon shooter who went up right after I did:
    [​IMG]

Looking out the bowsprit heading for St. Barts:
    [​IMG]

Looking back at the Library on the main deck with the Bridge on the upper deck:
    [​IMG]

Looking up the foremast, from the top down
    Square Sails - Fore Royal, Fore Topgallant, Fore Upper Topsail, Fore Lower Top Sail, Fore Course
    Triangular Sails - Flying Jib, Outer Jib, Inner Jib, Fore Topmast Stay Sail (not set, rides on the bottom line)
    (It sure helps to have a cheat sheet :biggrin: )
    [​IMG]

Here is a look straight up at the Jibs
    [​IMG]

Bob & Nan

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice..I love that anchor..

Love sail boats:>)) Sailing is so peaceful.

Beautiful work Bob.

3. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    That's definitely not your lightning or 505 at Leatherlips. I've not commented before, but I've enjoyed each series that you've posted from the Sea Cloud (including the fruit carving). Thanks for sharing these Bob.

4. I like these a lot Bob you should enter one in the cafe challenge whose theme is geometry

5. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    well, come back from out of town, and I am greeted by even more visually stunning sail work. Bravo, nice compositions of a unique subject.

Wade

6. That ship is so beautiful. Your shots do a great job of putting us in your place. Are you using a polarizer? Your skies are such a pretty blue.

7. Hi Miriam,

Glad you like the photos, it was a great ship to photograph with lots of things you don't often see.
    I was not using a polarizer, the sky in the Caribbean was really clear most days and the photos showed the really deep blue.

Bob