More shoots from the velodrome

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by dbirdsong, Sep 4, 2005.

1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I got some time to play with some of my pictures from the races at the Velodrome on Friday night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Check out her leg, that is from a fall a couple weeks ago while racing.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Dave,I had to look twice on that sixth pic,is he holding someone else's bike,was my first impuls,no it can't be looked better and ok now
    Great pic

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Thanks Hans...

The do a lot of what is called Madison Racing at this velodrome, it is like a relay race where they pass off being in the race between the to riders every few laps. It makes for some pretty interesting viewing as they hand off like in this picture.
    [​IMG]

4. Henk

Henk Guest

Very nice images DBird, love to see some cycling from the USA. I wonder if cycling is populair in the States as I don't hear a lot about it over here aside the succes of Lance in the TdF that is.

This is my pic, taken recently. I train about 250-400km a week on that Pinarello bike.
    Have to take a break now because I just had a little accident so no cyling the next two weeks I'm afraid... :frown:

[​IMG]

Thanks for sharing

Henk

5. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Thanks for your kind words Henk, as for how popular cycling is here in the states I can't say because I haven't cycled in years. I know I see a lot of people here doing it with mountain biking being very popular. (There are 5 guys from my small church that mountain bike all the time)
    Sorry to hear about the accident, get well quickly.

Dave