More shots of Tiffanie - Beast content...

Discussion in 'People' started by Jetta32696, May 22, 2007.

1. I was able to take a few more pics of Tiffanie, this time with the Beast! These were taken with the D2hs, and shot between f/2.8 and f/3.5, ISO 200

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comments are welcome. Thanks for looking.

2. Keith the only one i don't care for is the first one. I think because she has small breast the pose doesn't work. the others are really nice

3. Keith,

I like these a lot more than the other two you posted.

The second one is my pick, but I think it could stand a tighter crop for composition and clone out the graffiti on the statue. The statue is just too prominent in the frame.

The third and fourth are good but lack tension... does that make sense? They come off as technically excellent pictures, but don't excite me. The model seems to be relaxed and capable but the angle is too "safe" or something. I'd have to see the way that railing looks and where it goes to make a suggestion.

The first one is cool but I'm too distracted by the way that top distorts her figure.

4. Thanks alot Eric. That was her favorite position to stand in. I have so many shots of her standing like that. :biggrin:

Thanks Woody. I didn't crop too tight on these as she may make prints from some of them, and I wanted her to able to crop an 8x10 is necessary. I will redo the statue shot, I thought about removing the graffiti at first, but decided not to do it - I'm not sure why.

I'd have to agree that these are "safe" angles, as sometimes I'm scared to take real risks as I don't want to disappoint anyone. I didn't have anything to lose with these shots (it was a TFCD shoot) and I could have taken chances, but I was more concerned with getting a few good shots before the rain.

5. sbutchin

sbutchin

Mar 1, 2005
    NJ
    Hi Keith, You seem to always just happen to have beautiful women around to shoot!! Couple of quick questions - when I'm using the beast at 2.8 i have a very limited in focus area - i notice this especially if I am doing a head shot, one eye may be sharp and the other soft - don't know if it's me - and what time of day are you shooting these? the light looks great - and, flash? reflectors anything else used. Thanks

6. Thanks Stephanie!! I know more women than I know men, and my girlfriend can't stand it. :biggrin: If you're shooting at 2.8, your distance from the subject will give you more or less DOF. I use the many different focus points offered by my cameras, as opposed to locking the focus point. If you're doing a head shot up close, you're going to have a very small in focus area. Back up a little and zoom in. :)

These shots were taken around 11 am on Saturday. Most were taken with no flash, no reflectors. I probably could have used flash for some if I used it in manual, but I'm not that great w/manual flash.

Where in Jersey are you?? Maybe we can shoot together...

7. sbutchin

sbutchin

Mar 1, 2005
    NJ
    I'll try backing up a bit - I never lock my points either - i'm in a little town called columbus - every heard of it? - getting together sounds great - maybe over the summer?

8. I haven't heard of Columbus...is it north or south? Things are a little crazy with wedding season, but maybe we can get together before it gets cold.

9. sbutchin

sbutchin

Mar 1, 2005
    NJ
    way south of you! I'm about 30 min south of trenton - and yes definitely BEFORE it gets cold! I'm sure there's a halfway point we could meet - we'll keep in touch - if you see you have a free day (ha!) give me a yell - sometimes last minute plans work out best

10. Okay cool...and yes that's way south!! :) Frede is in Princeton and we've been talking about getting together as well...hell - let's make it a group outing!! :biggrin:

11. sbutchin

sbutchin

Mar 1, 2005
    NJ
    That sounds great to me! Keep me posted!