More shots with The Beast...

went out this morning with the 200-400. God I'm tired! It sure does work fine with the 1.4x on it.

this guy was far away, and even at 550mm this is cropped. This shot would have been easier with a tripod:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

someone told me about an osprey nest in Port St. Lucie, and I found this osprey building a nest. Too bad I overexposed by 1/2-3/4 a stop :(

I printed an 8x10 of this for my dad:

I'll go back in the afternoon, it was getting too hot to lug that big rig around. I need a nap.

Did you get rid of all the spoons in your house ? :wink: :wink:

The last is great Harris, over here I spotted a buzzard so will you please send me that lens ?
It will get lost when I send it back to you :evil: :evil:

Dear Sir,

My attorney will be contacting you shortly.

The term "The Beast" is trademarked, copyrighted, and protected. It refers expressly and exclusively to the Nikon 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF AF-S Zoom-Nikkor. Your attempts to characterize the 200-400VR as "The Beast" are inappropriate, intrusive, and misleading. We shall ask that an injunction be issued to keep you from diluting the value of our trademark.

Hey, Harris, get original, willya? How about The Monster, Godzilla Glass, or The Blob?

Uncle Frank said:
Dear Sir,

The term "The Beast" is trademarked, copyrighted, and protected. It refers expressly and exclusively to the Nikon 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF AF-S Zoom-Nikkor. Your attempts to characterize the 200-400VR as "The Beast" are inappropriate, intrusive, and misleading. We shall ask that an injunction be issued to keep you from diluting the value of our trademark.

Hey, Harris, get original, willya? How about The Monster, Godzilla Glass, or The Blob?
Godzilla it is, my aching shoulder :D

Flew said:
Nice shots Haris. So what do you think?
Well, these were with the 1.4x. Definitely more reach, and the VR can be a lot of help when the shutter speeds arent where you'd like them. Wouldnt mind at all if Santa put one of these in my stocking, but it would have to be a big stocking. :D

Just super Harris...
Don't know what else to say.

Now I am going to be stuck with a puney 70-200 VR 1.4 tc

Does it seem I am going backward instead of foward :<(

Backdoctor said:
Uncle Frank said:
Dear Sir,

Godzilla it is, my aching shoulder :D
Harris :

Heh. That itsy-bitsy puny hunk o' glass could be called "The Littlest Beast" if he wants...

It's the 200-400mm AFS/VR being shot handheld that separates the men from the boys and the women from the girls (note that last comment, Gaye). It's just one of those things - indisputable, incontrovertible, factual. To conquer the 200-400mm is be part of a special group, the Band of the Beast® !

John "Beastmaster" P.

By the look that the osprey give you in #3, I was sure that he was telling you to move aways or else he would come down to beat you with the stick.

Awesome osprey shots. I have yet to figure out how not to blow out the white on the top of the head and keep everything well exposed............... really nicely done Harris. Sounds like you are already getting to close to that new little beast, you know you want it!!! That VR definitely would be nice

beaucamera said:
Harris, there is one thing you can count on. With shots like this, UF may end up having a serious case of "Godzilla" lust.
Virginia, it's not gonna happen. I'm a large guy, and can benchpress 275 pounds, but I'm not strong enough to carry the
200-400VR. I'll leave that to Gaye 8).

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom