More Skagit Eagles from Yesterday

Discussion in 'Birds' started by james thiel, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Great shots Jim, We have a whole bunch up on the Island as well, no flight shots yet though from me!

2. Thanks Andreas. Yea, it looks like it will be a great year. It still would be fun to get you and Rory and Bill and I together one of these days. Maybe it will work out. The weather is so nice this week that I hope to get more shots before we go back into the dark and rain.

Have a great Xmas. All the best to you and your family.

3. Thanks Jim, we should plan for it in January, I have lot os room for you both to stay here...

I go to California, Arizona, Nevada and Utah for Christmas, not that many opportunties to shoot I think, Wife goes first...

Happy holidays to you and family as well!

4. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Until I can get my viewfinder around some of my own, I'm really digging all the Eagles I get to see here!!

These are great again. I really like #5 and all the flight shots.

How many times can I say amazing bird ........ well every time I see great images like these :wink:

5. Thanks Ben. I have wanted BIFS of the eagles for a long time now. Finally have some good chances. I hope to do even better tomorrow with Bill Dewey.

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Incredible!! They are thicker that the GBH's at the dam. :Shocked:

Cool shots Jim. :smile:

7. Great job Jim looks like good number there which makes for a fun day of shooting love the flight shots they are very sharp

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    wow is all i gotta say.

9. Wow Frank, that pretty darn thick:smile: :smile: They are so fun to watch. I am in big trouble today. Dewey got his new D200 and I am going shooting with him. He is going to have a blast with these eagles today.

10. Thanks Mike. There are lots of them for sure. The hard part is getting them to fly in the right direction. Access is pretty limited so there are not lots of places to shoot from. Long glass in sure needed for these guys.

11. Thanks Gale. Look for that Flewy- Dewey eagle today. Bill is going out with his new camera.:Shocked: :Shocked:

12. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Great shots, Jim. My favorite is the second. I've been jealous of all members who live in Florida or Huntsville Alabama. Now I guess I have to add Skagit and the flats to the list!

How long do eagles hang out in your part of the world before heading North?

Gordon

13. Wonderful Jim.

I have seen several Eagles around here (Kent Wa) lately, but they were too far away for any pictures. One of our photo club members took a pic of a Snowey Owl sitting on her roof in West Seattle!

14. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Fine captures Jim. Must be a thrill to see all those eagles at one time. I went into overload when I saw 5 at one time. I don't think I could handle it. :biggrin:

15. Gordon, they should be around from the middle of December to early February. It seems the numbers not only vary by year but day to day. Today Bill Dewey and I went up and we saw just a few and they were far away. It was just two days earlier that I had seen so many at the same spot. I think it has to do with how the fish are running as both days were sunny.